website statistics

Sport Climbing IFSC World Cup 2019

Totallympics

• 4 weeks later...

I'm watching the Vail boulder World Cup at the moment and I have literally never watched an event where the choice of 'music' is so insanely poor. It's (literally!) just 4 hours of monotonous 'boom boom boom boom boom boomboomboom boom boom boom boom'. Holy crap, this is shitty. I want to listen to the commentary, but man is it hard to not get incredibly nervous just because of this 'music'. The fuck man.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I'm watching the Vail boulder World Cup at the moment and I have literally never watched an event where the choice of 'music' is so insanely poor. It's (literally!) just 4 hours of monotonous 'boom boom boom boom boom boomboomboom boom boom boom boom'. Holy crap, this is shitty. I want to listen to the commentary, but man is it hard to not get incredibly nervous just because of this 'music'. The fuck man.

I thought someone from the Netherlands would love music that goes 'boom boom' :whistle:

Spoiler

Just now, wumo26 said:

I thought someone from the Netherlands would love music that goes 'boom boom' :whistle:

Reveal hidden contents

At least that one has some sort of a melody in it :d Instead of just hours and hours of the same monotonous tone :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

There shouldn't be any music playing at most sports events in my opinion, unless it's fitting ambience. :p

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

44 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I hope you're quite ready to go live with the world champs, as :NED Tim Reuser has qualified for the men's Lead semis (tonight at 4 a.m. CET, the final following tomorrow at 1.25 p.m. CET)...

Just now, phelps said:

I hope you're quite ready to go live with the world champs, as :NED Tim Reuser has qualified for the men's Lead semis (tonight at 4 a.m. CET, the final following tomorrow at 1.25 p.m. CET)...

Not yet, still got Villars, Chamonix and Briançon to go (that's three times lead and two times speed) before starting with the World Championships :p (after finishing Vail, where I've got two boulders to watch)

I like watching things in order so I avoid spoilers :banana:

1 hour ago, Quasit said:

There shouldn't be any music playing at most sports events in my opinion, unless it's fitting ambience. :p

As an athlete I personally loved competing with background music. Especially as an Endurance athlete, it was nice to able to take my mind off the pain.

As an athlete I preferred an empty stadium with background music, to a stadium full spectators.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

As an athlete I personally loved competing with background music. Especially as an Endurance athlete, it was nice to able to take my mind off the pain.

As an athlete I preferred an empty stadium with background music, to a stadium full spectators.

I guess those times you competed in front of 70.000 fans were intimidating.

I'm surprised at how piss-poor the IFSC graphics are during the competition, mostly in boulder and lead. How hard can it be to, for example, simply show one's result after their attempt and update the current standings? In lead for example they're only showing a ranking after 4 of 8 finalists and that's it, to follow who's in which position you'd actually have to write along.