website statistics

Sport Climbing IFSC World Cup 2019

Totallympics

• 4 weeks later...

Right, I'm gonna try and follow this as much as I can, let's see how long I keep it up :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 ore fa, phelps ha scritto:

image.png

*most events are still listed as "Provisional", but I think the definitive version won't be different from this one...;)

Congrats to the genius of the our federation that mistake to read the balance (that now is in red)... We refused to host the WC :(

4 godziny temu, phelps napisał:

image.png

*most events are still listed as "Provisional", but I think the definitive version won't be different from this one...;)

Not a single combined a year before olympics? I thought they would put at least one somewhere.

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

2 ore fa, szy123 ha scritto:

Not a single combined a year before olympics? I thought they would put at least one somewhere.

no, the combined event basically doesn't exist...it's a compromise between IFSC and IOC to find a place for Sport Climbing at the Olympic Games, but at senior level it's not present in any other competition apart from the World Championships (and this year there are no world champs) and the Olympic Qualifier (late november in France)...

of course there will be some minor competitions and National Champs in most Countries to practice and find out who's most reliable in that kind of event, but it's not scheduled in any other major competition...

• 1 month later...

here we are...the new season has officially begun...

in Meiringen, the first Bouldering event of the year is underway...

men's Bouldering, climbers qualified to the semifinals (tomorrow, 11 a.m. CET)

:ITA Stefano Ghisolfi
:GER Alexander Megos
:CHN Pan Yu Fei
:JPN Taisei Ishimatsu
:KOR Chon Jong Won
:RUS Aleksey Rubtsov
:SLO Gregor Vezonik
:NED Tim Reuser
:JPN Rei Sugimoto
:SLO Anze Peharc
:JPN Yoshiyuki Ogata
:JPN Tomoaki Takata
:ISR Alex Khazanov
:SLO Jernej Kruder
:JPN Keita Dohi
:JPN Kokoro Fujii
:CZE Adam Ondra
:JPN Tomoa Narasaki
:USA Nathaniel Coleman
:GBR Nathan Phillips

as expected, Japan are absolutely the most dominant squad, with Slovenia as their main rivals...

but with the Olympics in sight, it looks that the great Adam Ondra will regularly attend the world cup, which makes him the favourite in all the bouldering and lead events he's gonna enter...

and @heywoodu...it looks that in this first event of the year there's also some Dutch interest...:d

women's Bouldering, climbers qualified to the semifinals (tomorrow, following the men's semifinals)

:SLO Lucka Rakovec
:AUS Oceania MacKenzie
:USA Alex Johnson
:AUT Berit Schwaiger
:UKR Ievgeniia Kazbekova
:SUI Petra Klinger
:AUT Julia Pinggera
:GBR Shauna Coxsey
:KOR Sa Sol
:SLO Katja Kadic
:GER Afra Hönig
:CAN Alanna Yip
:GBR Emily Phillips
:JPN Futaba Ito
:FRA Julia Chanourdie
:AUT Sandra Lettner
:FRA Fanny Gibert
:JPN Akiyo Noguchi
:USA Kyra Condie
:SLO Janja Garnbret

almost all the top girls are there, but there are also a lot of newcomers (some of them, very young)...

not surprisingly, the USA team is starting to show up big in both the men and women's events, once the Olympics are getting closer...

still, the great Janja :wub: is always the woman to beat...:p

bad outing for the Italian team in general (and our young raising star Laura Rogora in particular), but we know that Bouldering is our weakest discipline...

Edited by phelps

Yeah, Tim Reuser qualified I see :yikes:

Never heard of him and apparently there are no results of him for the past two years :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, phelps said:

as usual in the past few seasons, Semifinals and Finals will be streamed live on Youtube (IFSC page)...

One of the many reasons why sports climbing very much deserved it's Olympic spot. Good official live coverage for free all year long.