website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI World Tour 2019

Totallympics

4 hours ago, mihamiha said:

medal where?

it would be interesting to see him in giro.i think he is more than capable of podium

Olympics,of course. :)

He should be among top 3 contenders both for Giro and Tour. 

At the moment,he is undoubtedly best cyclist in the world. 

11 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Olympics,of course. :)

He should be among top 3 contenders both for Giro and Tour. 

At the moment,he is undoubtedly best cyclist in the world. 

But he's not going for the Tour :p

Well, he is going, but in a support role for Kruijswijk (just like Bennett). 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

Why? Internal agreement? :mumble:

Well they have three main GC riders, and there are three Grand Tours. Logically all three of them would get a chance in one of the three Grand Tours and already early in the year they've said the Giro is for Roglic, the Tour for Kruijswijk and the Vuelta for Bennett, with all three of them doing the Tour, Roglic and Bennett in a supporting role for Kruijswijk. Which makes sense: Roglic is probably in good enough shape after the Giro to be of value, but probably not to go for the GC podium by himself, and Bennett could use the heavy training (instead of 100% shape) before the Vuelta.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The Road Race at the 2020 Olympics will only be one week after the end of the Tour de France (unless schedule for TdF changes). After a very hard TdF there will be a very hard Olympic Competition in the mountains, and inbetween they'll have to travel for several hours by plane into another time zone. So we'll see what Roglic or anyone else from the favourites will do. I wouldn't be surprised if some stars skip the Olympics (or alternatively the TdF).

Just now, EselTheDonkey said:

The Road Race at the 2020 Olympics will only be one week after the end of the Tour de France (unless schedule for TdF changes). After a very hard TdF there will be a very hard Olympic Competition in the mountains, and inbetween they'll have to travel for several hours by plane into another time zone. So we'll see what Roglic or anyone else from the favourites will do. I wouldn't be surprised if some stars skip the Olympics (or alternatively the TdF).

That screams Valverde :p 

Frankly, I'm not so secretly hoping that Buchmann skips the Tour de France 2020 to focus on the Olympics. I don't think he as a realistic chance for more than Top Ten if everyone is on the height of their power. But maybe he has if his rivals lose some power in the mountains during the Tour. :p But I suppose his pro-tour-team has a say in this as well.

9 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Frankly, I'm not so secretly hoping that Buchmann skips the Tour de France 2020 to focus on the Olympics. I don't think he as a realistic chance for more than Top Ten if everyone is on the height of their power. But maybe he has if his rivals lose some power in the mountains during the Tour. :p But I suppose his pro-tour-team has a say in this as well.

I should imagine that his employer has a say in what he's going to ride, yes :p 

That was quite the final :hyper: