website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI World Tour 2019

Totallympics

25 minutes ago, Agger said:

It's in the World Tour thread :p

Ah yeah, there's different threads for World Tour (which unlike World Cups in many sports is not a classification people actually seem to care about) and other races :lol:  Oops

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ah yeah, there's different threads for World Tour (which unlike World Cups in many sports is not a classification people actually seem to care about) and other races :lol:  Oops

Considering that pretty close to all interesting races are in the World Tour nowadays (and some pretty damn uninteresting) I disagree ;)

6 minutes ago, Agger said:

Considering that pretty close to all interesting races are in the World Tour nowadays (and some pretty damn uninteresting) I disagree ;)

Pretty close to all races that get a lot of attention maybe :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

I am surely not cycling expert,least to say,so i need an explanation.

How is possible that Roglic can finish 1st two times,than 2nd and 3rd out of 6 stages? He has 31 sec advantage over Valverde. Such dominance is strange for me,because all other great cyclist werent capable of finishing top 3 almost every stage,at least i think.

I am not implying anything but he transitioned from being good time trial cyclist to cyclist that wins or finish in top 3 in majority of races he participates in. :dunno:

Edited by ChandlerMne

On 01/03/2019 at 15:40, ChandlerMne said:

I am surely not cycling expert,least to say,so i need an explanation.

How is possible that Roglic can finish 1st two times,than 2nd and 3rd out of 6 stages? He has 31 sec advantage over Valverde. Such dominance is strange for me,because all other great cyclist werent capable of finishing top 3 almost every stage,at least i think.

I am not implying anything but he transitioned from being good time trial cyclist to cyclist that wins or finish in top 3 in majority of races he participates in. :dunno:

Stage 1 (1st): team time trial, so he finished 1st there

Stage 3: rather tough uphill finish, which he has been good at since he entered cycling (and it only got better all the time)

Stage 4: same thing really

Stage 6 (1st): again, long uphill finish 

It's not really strange for someone in a multi-stage tour to be strong in most of the mountain stages and this tour just happened to have quite a lot of mountain stages :p (+ definitely not everyone is in top shape yet)

Strade Bianche tomorrow :woohoo:Recon photos look good :d 

D1JJNjiXcAEw2OM.jpg