website statistics

Judo IJF World Tour 2019

Totallympics

Grand Prix (Montreal, CAN)

Tournament Recap

Despite not entering all of their stars, :JPNJapan totally dominated the Montreal GP, winning 7 out of the possible 14 Gold Medals...

Very good results also for the :CAN Home team, with 9 medals (1/4/4)...

But the expected highlight of the tournament was :FRA Teddy Riner's comeback after a very long pause...

and of course it was a winning comeback, with the French superstar defeating good/very good/great opponents like :ROU Simionescu / :CZE Krpalek / :JPN Harasawa on his way to success...

by the way, here are all the 2019 Montreal GP Champions:

Women:

-48kg: :JPN Wakana Koga

-52kg: :ISR Gefen Primo

-57kg: :CAN Christa Deguchi

-63kg: :KOR Cho Mok Hee

-70kg: :GER Giovanna Scoccimarro

-78kg: :JPN Shori Hamada

+78kg: :JPN Sarah Asahina

Men:

-60kg: :JPN Naohisa Takato

-66kg: :MGL Kherlen Ganbold

-73kg: :JPN Soichi Hashimoto

-81kg: :JPN Takanori Nagase

-90kg: :JPN Mashu Baker

-100kg: :EGY Ramadan Darwish

+100kg: :FRA Teddy Riner

Full Results, here:

https://live.ijf.org/gp_can2019/results

On 08/07/2019 at 11:17, phelps said:

a few of them gifted to him by the "superior powers" or, if you prefer, "the Gods of Judo"...:whistle::pope:

Care to elaborate? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, phelps said:

do I really need? :mumble:

I mean, it's quite obvious that I'm saying that a few of those wins did come thanks to some favourable calls by the refs and the video judges...:whistle:

Well yeah but I had never heard accusations like this before :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Well yeah but I had never heard accusations like this before :p 

well, you know...he's the superstar of the game...

he still is an amazing athlete and has this unbelievable streak going...

there's no doubt about it...

but...

but, as many greats in any sport, sometimes his results go beyond what he actually does on the mat (not that I'm saying anything new or accusing him to not deserve the success he has had in the past and still has right now)...

I guess it's part of the modern sport system...:mumble:

and I accept it, but I like to let people know that there's still someone noticing that...:whistle:

Grand Prix (Budapest, HUNN)

Tournament Recap

New tournament, same story...:JPNJapan dominated also the Budapest GP, winning 5 out of the possible 14 Gold Medals (4 among the women and only 1 among the men, though)...

:BRA Brazil, thanks to Rafaela Silva and Mayra Aguiar's Gold medals, finally got second in this tournament's medal table...

Then 7 more Nations won 1 Gold medal each...

here are all the 2019 Budapest GP Champions:

Women:

-48kg: :JPN Funa Tonaki

-52kg: :JPN Chishima Maeda

-57kg: :BRA Rafaela Silva

-63kg: :JPN Masako Doi

-70kg: :GBR Gemma Howell

-78kg: :BRA Mayra Aguiar

+78kg: :JPN Wakaba Tomita

Men:

-60kg: :KAZ Yeldos Smetov

-66kg: :MGL Kherlen Ganbold

-73kg: :KOS Akil Gjakova

-81kg: :GEO Tato Grigalashvili

-90kg: :ESP Nikoloz Sherazadishvili

-100kg: :JPN Aaron Wolf

+100kg: :ISR Or Sasson

Full Results, here:

https://live.ijf.org/gp_hun2019/results

• 2 weeks later...

what the hell are they doing??? :wall:

"The IJF will launch a new-look live streaming page on Friday during day one of the Zagreb Grand Prix with new, personalised and customisable features, in order to provide an unprecedented experience for fans.

Judo fans will be closer to the action and to their idols than ever before with a whole range of new features along with a fresh look for the live.ijf.org page which is the home for the IJF stream for all World Judo Tour events.

Upon visiting live.ijf.org from Friday visitors will be required to create a free IJF account to log-in and enjoy the features and the live and free stream.

By registering you will unlock new tools such as the opportunity to vote for which judoka will win, select your favourite judoka, your country and create your own team of judoka to follow with notifications and a personalised dashboard among a host of options which will be launching in the near future.

Create a free IJF Account now and you will also be among the first to hear about the upcoming opportunities to buy tickets to IJF World Judo Tour events, to browse thousands of competition videos, analyse those videos and be able to access a special IJF Veteran site.

Join the community now and sit back and enjoy the finest IJF World Judo Tour viewing experience as the final event before the Worlds starts on Friday morning at 11am."

p.s. live streaming (at least this week) is still completely free also on Youtube (no need for registration, there)...