website statistics

Judo IJF World Tour 2019

Totallympics

1 ora fa, phelps ha scritto:

Centracchio, well...great respect for her improvement, but she's definitely not at the same level of the 2 youngsters (especially Lombardo)...

What I've seen with her is that she is regular in her results, that is something that our athletes usually aren't, so I'm happy with it :D

1 ora fa, AlFHg ha scritto:

What I've seen with her is that she is regular in her results, that is something that our athletes usually aren't, so I'm happy with it :D

sure, but she has not the same talent as Lombardo and Bellandi...

that doesn't necessarily mean that she can't win even at Olympic level, however...only, it's more unlikely for her to win global medals than for the other 2...;)

in the meantime, Basile and Giuffrida are yet to fight their quarterfinal match, meanwhile Lombardo, after beating the lights of people like Abe and Safarov, has lost his quarterfinal match against mr. Nobody, Denis Vieru from Moldova...:facepalm::wall:

the perfect way to waste the day of your (still young) career so far...:nopompom:

Edited by phelps

20 ore fa, phelps ha scritto:

in the meantime, Basile and Giuffrida are yet to fight their quarterfinal match, meanwhile Lombardo, after beating the lights of people like Abe and Safarov, has lost his quarterfinal match against mr. Nobody, Denis Vieru from Moldova...:facepalm::wall:

the perfect way to waste the day of your (still young) career so far...:nopompom:

yesterday's performance by Lombardo is the perfect example of how man can waste the tournament of an entire career...:facepalm::wall:

beating the best judo player in the world pound for pound and then losing to 2 almost unknown average players...:nopompom:

meanwhile, good final outcome for Basile (but he could even have won the tournament...his quarterfinal's loss against Heydarov's still shouting for revenge) and Giuffrida (who took the eventual winner Shishime to the golden score and lost only because of a small mistake in the GS period)...

Grand Slam (Paris, FRA)

Day #1 Recap

Japan lost early in the day their flagship representant, but they still managed to dominate the day with good 4 Gold Medals out of 7 weight classes contested yesterday...

Ami Kondo (women's -48kg), Ai Shishime (women's -52kg), Naohisa Takato (men's -60kg) and Soichi Hashimoto (men's -73kg) didn't show any mercy over their opponents and came up on top of their respective classes...

the 3 remaining Gold Medals were shared by Moldova (the surprising and at the same time outstanding Denis Vieru in the men's -66kg), Canada (in the women's -57kg, where Christa Deguchi edged out her teammate Jessica Klimkait in an all-Canadian final) and the host Nation, France (thanks to the great Clarisse Agbegnenou, who took another partial revenge against the Rio 2016 Olympic Champion Tina Trstenjak, SLO, who beat her in the Rio final, in the women's -63kg final)...

Full Results here:

https://live.ijf.org/gs_fra2019/results

today the remaining 7 weight categories will be contested in the final day of this Grand Slam tournament (which I don't know how the organizers still continue to keep in this sh*tty 2-day format, which always leads to a too busy schedule and doeasn't allow the fans to watch even all the medal finals, unless they are on the stands, as they have to go with the 2 bronze medal matches at the same time not to go too long with the session :facepalm::wall:)...

19 minuti fa, phelps ha scritto:

yesterday's performance by Lombardo is the perfect example of how man can waste the tournament of an entire career...:facepalm::wall:

beating the best judo player in the world pound for pound and then losing to 2 almost unknown average players...:nopompom:

meanwhile, good final outcome for Basile (but he could even have won the tournament...his quarterfinal's loss against Heydarov's still shouting for revenge) and Giuffrida (who took the eventual winner Shishime to the golden score and lost only because of a small mistake in the GS period)...

Oh, the tournament of an entire career, the boy just turned 20 two months ago and he lost to the winner of the tournament and to the number 4 of the 66 kg world ranking.... 

Mollaei looked in good shape but now he has to lose his 4th round match :( because the Israeli guy Muki is in semifinal :wall: damn this is unbelievably stupid. I really feel sorry for him

Edit; oh man watching that was really painful. he just let the Kazakh guy throwing him in less than 20 seconds :( I don't think he can continue on repechage because he won't stand in the same podium with the Israeli guy.

Edited by MHSN

It must suck to go to every major tournament knowing that you never depend on yourself to have a good performance.

And Muki is quite good, so chances for Iran to win a medal at the olympics are very complicated. If he reaches QF in any tournament it's over for Mollaei (barring an unlikely combination of brackets + results).

17 minutes ago, LDOG said:

It must suck to go to every major tournament knowing that you never depend on yourself to have a good performance.

And Muki is quite good, so chances for Iran to win a medal at the olympics are very complicated. If he reaches QF in any tournament it's over for Mollaei (barring an unlikely combination of brackets + results).

yeah that's really true and he got Muki almost in every competition he entered after the World Championship. he already lost 3 times intentionally to avoid Muki (or maybe 4, I lost count) :facepalm:and Muki is not going anywhere. this is different than other sports where Israel is very weak and it's only about not facing them in the first round.

btw Mollaei beat Casse and has to fight in bronze medal match. I wonder if he really shows up for that match (knowing that by winning the bronze he has to stand right next to Muki in the podium) or he just won this repechage match for more Ranking points. I don't know what's the protocol for this. I just know facing Israeli athletes in direct matches are impossible.