website statistics

Judo IJF World Tour 2019

Totallympics

7 ore fa, Gianlu33 ha scritto:

Unexpected qualification for the quarterfinals for Simeoli, I remember her in some junior events. Let's hope that she will confirm my expectations :p

yeah, I just saw her fight against Trajdos...good comeback and controversial ippon in the golden score...surprised they gave it to her in Germany against a German girl, with all the audience whistling the ref...:lol:

(EDIT: nevermind...my mistake...:facepalm:)

meanwhile, not a good day for our boys...Giovanni Esposito lost a fight he should have won against Oroudjov (after a couple of promising wins) and Christina Parlati didn't show his class, losing to an unknown Azeri...

bad outing also for Centracchio, losing her first fight of the day (even if Quadros is quite a tough opponent for a rd #1 match)...

Edited by phelps

Grand Slam (Düsseldorf, GER)

Day #2 Recap

Second day, but still the same music...:whistle:

Today, 4 weight classes were contested...and :JPN Japan won the Gold Medal in 3 of them...:nopompom:

Today's Japanese champions are: Shohei Ono (men's -73kg), Sotaro Fujiwara (men's -81kg) and Miku Tashiro (women's -63kg)...

meanwhile the only non-Japanese winner is :GBR Sally Conway (women's -70kg)...

therefore, after 2 out of 3 competition days, :JPN Japan lead the medal table with 7 Gold Medals (out of possible 9) and :KOS Kosovo and :GBR Great Britain follow, sharing the remaining 2 Gold Medals (1 each, of course)...

Full Rankings here:

https://live.ijf.org/gs_ger2019/results

Edited by phelps

On 23/02/2019 at 11:56, heywoodu said:

Me neither (although since it's an Arab nation I'm not surprised), but mostly I didn't know Algeria also runs away from competing against them...

Don't know if that's the case here or if the Algerian guy just is 10 levels below the Mongolian, I don't know either of them, just found it curious :p 

I also remember Egyptian Darwish doing something (not greating Israeli judoka?) at the games.

Grand Slam (Düsseldorf, GER)

Day #3 Recap

Final day of the Düsseldorf Grand Slam tournament, and, surprise surprise, today :JPN Japan only won 2 Gold Medals out of 5 weight classes...

thier winners from today are Kentaro Iida (men's -100kg) and Hisayoshi Harasawa (men's +100kg)...

the other 3 Gold Medals, instead, went to :AZE Azerbaijan (Mammadali Mehdiyev, men's -90kg), :BRA Brazil (Mayra Aguiar, women's -78kg) and :CUB Cuba (Idalys Ortiz, women's +78kg)...

in total, :JPN Japan won 9 Gold Medals this week, meanwhile :KOS Kosovo, :GBR Great Britain, :BRA Brazil, :CUB Cuba and :AZE Azerbaijan won 1 Gold Medal each...

among the other Nations, the best in the medal table were :RUS Russia and :KOR South Korea, with 4 and 3 Silver Medals respectively...

Full Rankings, here:

https://live.ijf.org/gs_ger2019/results

Edited by phelps

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, bestmen said:

the stage of Merrakech will start in 1 hour

they put our best womEn -78 vs : :lol:

KbXx.jpg

+78

KbX0.jpg

they always do that CHEATERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So grow some balls (the federation, not the women) and compete. It's not that difficult.

There are 'cheaters' involved in this, yes, and it's not the IJF.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

L4rIws6.png

Guessing Laghnaoui and Bjaoui are going to fight to try and lose? That's got to be interesting to watch, see who ippons themselves.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!