website statistics

Judo IJF World Tour 2019

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

after Christmas' break, the Judo World Tour is back with the Tel Aviv Grand Prix event and quite a few points for the Olympic Qualification Ranking up for grabs...

Day #1 saw the :ISR Host Nation on top of the medal table with 2 Gold (Shira Rishony in the -48kg and Timna Nelson-Levy in the -57kg) and 1 Silver medal (Gili Cohen in the -52kg) out of 3 women's weight classes...

the only women's non-Israeli Gold medal went to the Olympic Champion :KOSMajlinda Kelmendi, back to her best shape after a difficult period due to injury...

in the men's division, only 2 weight classes were contested yesterday...and the Gold medals went to :BELJorre Verstraeten in the -60kg and to the reigning junior world champion :ITAManuel Lombardo, at his first senior success in the -66kg...

Full Results here:

https://live.ijf.org/gp_isr2019/results

wow! in today's 4 Gold Medal matches, we're going to have 3 Italians represented (and the 4th one isn't there just because of a stupid mistake in the semifinals)...:yikes::hatoff:

I think it's the first time ever that Italy have so many guys in the finals of a single session at a Grand Prix event...

Edited by phelps

Day #2 Recap

at the end of the day, only 1 of the 3 Italian finalists got the Gold Medal...good, but it could have gone better (especially Bellandi lost her final bout because of a very silly mistake)...

so, finally we have had 4 winner s from 4 different Countries: :ITA Maria Centracchio won the women's -63kg, :SWE Anna Bernholm the women's -70kg, :BLR Vadzim Shoka the men's -73kg and local hero :ISR Sagi Muki had his glory day in the men's -81kg...

therefore, after 2 days of competition, :ISR Israel still lead the medal table with 3 Gold Medals followed by :ITA Italy with 2. Meanwhile :BEL Belgium, :BLR Belarus, :KOS Kosovo and :SWE Sweden got 1 Gold Medal each.

Today is the last day of the Tel Aviv Grand Prix, with the men's -90kg, -100kg, +100kg and women's -78kg, +78kg on stage...

Day #3 (Final) Recap

On the last day of the Tel Aviv Grand Prix, it was :FRA France to get the most of the honors, with 2 Gold Medals (Axel Clerget in the men's -90kg and Alexandre Iddir in the men's -100kg)...

meanwhile the Host Nation :ISR consolidated themselves on top of the final medal table with :ISR Or Sasson's triumph in the men's Super-Heavyweights (+100kg)...

on the women's side, the last 2 Gold Medals went to :SLO Klara Apotekar in the -78kg class and :AZE Iryna Kindzerska in the +78kg respectively...

and this means that :ISR Israel topped the medal standings with 4 Gold Medals, followed by :ITA Italy and :FRA France with 2 Gold Medals each. The remaining 6 Gold Medals were shared between :AZE Azerbaijan, :BEL Belgium, :BLR Belarus, :KOS Kosovo, :SLO Slovenia and :SWE Sweden.

Full Results here:

https://live.ijf.org/gp_isr2019/results

• 2 weeks later...

our young raising star Manuel Lombardo defeated (by Ippon) the great Hifumi Abe in round #2 in Paris!!! :yikes::yikes::yikes:

that's an upset! great job, man! :bowdown:

p.s. there are so many starters at this tournament that they're fighting over 5 mats (and they began the day just after 8.30 a.m.)...:yikes:

27 minuti fa, phelps ha scritto:

p.s. there are so many starters at this tournament that they're fighting over 5 mats (and they began the day just after 8.30 a.m.)...:yikes:

But tournament lasts only two days, so that's why they need 5 mats, I think :)

However, athletes like Bellandi, Centracchio and Lombardo are doing very very well, I hope they will be carefully followed by our NF

Edited by AlFHg

15 minuti fa, AlFHg ha scritto:

But tournament lasts only two days, so that's why they need 5 mats, I think :)

However, athletes like Bellandi, Centracchio and Lombardo are doing very very well, I hope they will be carefully followed by our NF

well, they use 5 mats because of that, but also because there are more than 1000 athletes at the start...

it's by far the most crowded tournament of the year...;)

with Lombardo, I think we've found a real jewel...

he's already among the best seniors in the world in his weight class (p.s. and throwing Abe around the way he did, it's something he'll be able to tell it to his nephews, one day)...

Bellandi, she's also very good, but still she lacks something to win matches against the lights of the top French and Japanese women...

Centracchio, well...great respect for her improvement, but she's definitely not at the same level of the 2 youngsters (especially Lombardo)...

good round #1 match alkso for Bsile, who scored a quick ippon against an always dangerous Mongolian...

now he has a reasonably easy draw to get at least to the pool final (and I'd say it's also an easy draw in that round, to be the Paris tournament -he should face Macias, SWE or Mohammadi, IRI...2 good but not unbeatable players)...

so, let's say that if he doesn't make the semifinals, it's fair to call the day "disappointing"...

p.s. a bit OT, but sadly I have noticed that Kudiiamagomedov isn't on the mat at the Freestyle Wrestling Italian Nationals...I fear that we've already lost him after just 1 global tournament with our singlet...:nopompom::facepalm: