website statistics

South American Beach Games 2019

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't see any live stream in the link mentioned earlier..

Well, there’re not live now. Opening Ceremony is at 3:45 PM US Pacific Time.

There not live now, but take a look at this if you want, stream quality is very choppy (you can tell what’s going on though (most of the time))

https://youtu.be/UxXeKiakj2w

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Dog swan out towards the swimmers in the women’s triathlon impeding the field 50 secs into the race. Might be a good idea to leave the dog at home. Oh wait, may have been a stray by the looks of it

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Alright, I could get into Beach Rubgy, very interesting concept. It’s played 5v5 on a small sand court, each try is only one point and there are no points for kicks

Opening Ceremony is live on link shared earlier

This stream sucks FYI

Edited by Olympian1010

ODESUR understands how easy it is to organize an international livestream. They’re using about 2-3 host broadcast cameras at every venue (placed in a way you can see all the action), a small TV studio hosted by two TV hosts, and screen recorded interviews through Skype.

I hate when organizers say it costs too much to livestream, it really doesn’t 

hace 4 horas, Olympian1010 dijo:

Alright, I could get into Beach Rubgy, very interesting concept. It’s played 5v5 on a small sand court, each try is only one point and there are no points for kicks

I disagree, it's incredibly dumb... since there is so little space players are just bumping into the opponents all the time with little to no passing or running skills involved. It's only pure brute force until you reach the ingoal.  

13 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I disagree, it's incredibly dumb... since there is so little space players are just bumping into the opponents all the time with little to no passing or running skills involved. It's only pure brute force until you reach the ingoal.  

Well it’s similar too how my friends play American Football on the beach, so maybe I’m nostalgic. I’m actually interested in the affect of the limited room. It’s a weird combination of wrestling and rugby and I like.

@vinipereira Do you plan to put the results on the results form? It would help my replay records for the games if you would.

On 15/03/2019 at 00:56, Olympian1010 said:

@vinipereira Do you plan to put the results on the results form? It would help my replay records for the games if you would.

Not really possible with that site, they really should organize the results by date.

Brazil won the gold in women's beach volleyball, I think it's our first medal here?