website statistics

Winter Universiade 2019

Totallympics

7 hours ago, Dmitry said:

And :AUS, represents with only 1 athlete. The competitor from Australia is Katerina Paul, which was 3rd in the qualifying race at the Seefeld WCHs some days ago

I guess she goes without federation help then, because Australia already said months ago they wouldn't send a team because of the whole state doping affair (I wonder if other countries are doing the same, even the likes of the US are present).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I guess she goes without federation help then, because Australia already said months ago they wouldn't send a team because of the whole state doping affair (I wonder if other countries are doing the same, even the likes of the US are present).

All of Canada's athletes are self funded.

Well considering that many countries many be forcing athletes to self-fund the field still seems pretty competitive, or at least as competitive as the last Universaide.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Still no official entry lists available, but there are increased entries in Snowboard and Freestyle Skiing (though most of the increase is all Russia who sent big teams). 

Also, FISU TV is back!! And you can even view replays on it now!!!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

For those of you who can remember the dark days of watching the Universaides on FISU TV, and for those who never did:

I really recommend giving the new FISU TV a try. Link: http://www.fisu.tv/

The platform has been completely revamped and improved. It has all video coverage of the games and replays from the last summer Universaide. It also has it’s own forums section (where I’ve already been active if you give it a look). The platform looks fresh and you can tell they put effort into it.

The Olympic Channel will also offer around 100 hours of live coverage from the games.

The FISU will also livestream the opening and closing ceremonies on Facebook and YouTube.

As stated before FISU TV will offer all events, live and replayed, during and after the games.

The FISU will also offer live-streams on Livestream.

The Russian video network VK (I think) will apparently be the only video platform offering live coverage of Ice Hockey Preliminaries.

That all sounds pretty awesome, although at least the 2017 Winter Universiade was pretty easy to watch via FISU TV as well.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

37 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That all sounds pretty awesome, although at least the 2017 Winter Universiade was pretty easy to watch via FISU TV as well.

For once an organization made it easy to watch their games :p. I enjoyed 2017 as well, though the lack of replays was annoying.

18 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

For once an organization made it easy to watch their games :p. I enjoyed 2017 as well, though the lack of replays was annoying.

Yeah, apart from obviously having a good offer I find replays and the ability to pause a live stream and continue watching later (like on YouTube) the most important things :p

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, apart from obviously having a good offer I find replays and the ability to pause a live stream and continue watching later (like on YouTube) the most important things :p

Which is all possible on the new FISU TV by the way