website statistics

How Many Medals do You Expect from Your Nation at the Summer Olympic Games 2016?

Realistically maybe 1, but with how our whole sport is going downhill for the last decade it wouldn't surprise me if we don't get anything. If LDOG is predicting only 3-4 medals for Argentina, then i don't know where are we going. :d

By the way, do you guys feel like this year the Big 3 won't win as much as usual. I can see the other big countries and especially many middle-pack countries exceeding their performances and getting a chunk of medals from the Big 3.

Edited by Federer91

5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Realistically maybe 1, but with how our whole sport is going downhill for the last decade it wouldn't surprise me if we don't get anything. If LDOG is predicting only 3-4 medals for Argentina, then i don't know where are we going. :d

By the way, do you guys feel like this year the Big 3 won't win as much as usual. I can see the other big countries and especially many middle-pack countries exceeding their performances and getting a chunk of medals from the Big 3.

i agree, Japan and France are really strong, GB, Australia, Italy, Germany, Korea will take many medals, Brazil at home too, Netherlands are very good, Canada and this middle pack of Denmark, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, Belarus, Hungary, Poland, Czech Rep., Serbia, Croatia, South Africa, Iran, Kazakhstan + Uzbekistan, North Korea, New Zealand, Cuba, Jamaica, Sweden, Romania + deacent likes of Egypt, India, Lithuania, Georgia, Moldova etc etc.

So you are 100% right in my opinion also about Bulgaria sadly

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Looking at the past year or so, we (Netherlands) will probably go home with 1 gold, 186 silver medals and maybe 1 or 2 bronzes :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Looking at the past year or so, we (Netherlands) will probably go home with 1 gold, 186 silver medals and maybe 1 or 2 bronzes :p 

jaja :p why say this ? In three of  last four OG :NED won more gold (or same) than silver ......

Statistic said :NED never won only 1 gold (0 or 2 is minimum). Who you think is the only gold?

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Haha

For Canada anywhere between 18 to 24 medals. Top 12 in overall medals. Golds I won't even try to predict 

2 hours ago, Henry_Leon said:

jaja :p why say this ? In three of  last four OG :NED won more gold (or same) than silver ......

Statistic said :NED never won only 1 gold (0 or 2 is minimum). Who you think is the only gold?

Because in the past year or so we have gotten more silver than the 17th century Spanish armada :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!