website statistics

How Many Medals do You Expect from Your Nation at the Summer Olympic Games 2016?

I have absolutely no idea what place we would take on the medal table, but I think we have a good chance to win a gold medal in Modern Pentathlon by Laura Asadauskaitė, a gold medal or a silver from Rūta Meilutytė 100m. breaststroke, I expect 1 medal from canoeing sprint and possibly two from Rowing, we might have success in Saling with Gintarė Volungevičiūtė-Scheidt, whom is very successful in competitions that are held in RIO. Then there's also a chance in Boxing, Wrestling, because we have a history of doing well in these during the Olympics, a chance for a silver, bronze by Titenis in 100/200m. Breaststroke and with a help of a miracle possibly 1 in Athletics, 1 in Cycling-Track.

Whatever turns out to be the case, I strongly believe these Olympics will be the most successful in Lithuanian history.

At least 50 medals in total. I think USA, China and Russia will be top 3. GB, Australia, Japan, South Korea and France also could be ahead of us, so we should at best be 4th in medal table and not worse than 9th. I expect us to be 5th or 6th with 13-15 gold medals. I hope that we will win medals in at least 20 different sports and gold medals in at least 10 different sports.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Anywhere between 20 and 25 for the Netherlands would be my guess after a quick look (quick as in, taking 60 seconds to make a very quick guess :p )

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

something between zero and 6. 

6 is the absolute possible maximum, more than 6 is just impossible. realistic is 3-4.

Canoeing Slalom C1 is the more realistic, and it´s a question of national pride, our competitor know that, if he will fail, then let him rather remain in Brazil...

with some luck we might win 2-3 medals more in shotgun shooting, Canoeing Sprint and let god help us finally our first ever historic athletics olympic medal. If it will happen, I´ll be the happiest person in this planet.

However my desire is to finally listen at least once our anthem at summer olympics, because the last time it happened during the first week of Beijing 2008..