website statistics

Bowls WBT Indoor World Championships 2019

Totallympics

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I am the only person watching the men's semi-finals :d

Simon Skelton walking onto a bowls match with the walk-on music "I Predict A Riot"..... well a riot at a bowls match would certainly be a first especially when the average age of the audience is probably around 70-years-old :d

I thought this sport had at least some international participants, judging by the fields in some multi-sport events, but meh :p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_World_Indoor_Bowls_Championship

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I thought this sport had at least some international participants, judging by the fields in some multi-sport events, but meh :p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_World_Indoor_Bowls_Championship

There was one South African. Stop crying.

But sadly no Commonwealth medalists from :NFK, That is, if indoor bowls and lawn bowls are the same thing. :p

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

But sadly no Commonwealth medalists from :NFK, That is, if indoor bowls and lawn bowls are the same thing. :p

I would say it's basically the same, but it might just as well be as much alike as track and road cycling :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, the more international field and Norfolk Island competitors for example compete in the Outdoor version :d

OMG, Simon wins the tie-break 2-1 and goes through to his first ever final :clap:

Simon came here as a qualifier so making it to the final is a magnificent achievement for him, showing that he can get back to his best days!

Hard luck for Nick though as he was the better player overall... but that is the nature of matchplay in bowls, it can swing so quickly.