website statistics

[POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports? (2016 version)

vlad

[POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. [POLL] Which are your 5 Top Favorite Summer Olympic Sports?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/24/2018 at 05:34 AM

Historically Football is our number 1 sport in popularity and quality, but for the past decade or so I really agree Volleyball is the sport we're best at.

I think they considered the world ranking for team sports only, that's why some results are strange to say the least...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

What do you guys think about this map which shows the sports each nation is best at? (detailed results here)

I always knew that Niger was a volleyball nation, even though they have never even competed at the African Championships (according to Wiki). :d

More to the point, this is about team sports. :p And it seems quite wrong. Israel has ice hockey?? Handball in Algeria.... I'd say those are just completely wrong. Sweden should rather have ice hockey.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

They took world rankings of team sports.... and only male it seems. Now it makes sense.

But still, we have a like a million world titles in male Polo and Roller Hockey, so even worse: they only took "popular" sports.

Sur 23/5/2016 at 21:34 , LDOG a déclaré:

They took world rankings of team sports.... and only male it seems. Now it makes sense.

But still, we have a like a million world titles in male Polo and Roller Hockey, so even worse: they only took "popular" sports.

Even, their list of popular sports is very much a particular one. Netball and Rugby League, but no Water Polo or Futsal ? Meh, that's a very anglo centric map.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...