website statistics

Shooting ISSF World Cup 2019

Totallympics

4 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

These national trials in shooting are by far the hardest shooting events for Indian shooters throughout the entire year. Someone like Apurvi dominating the whole year finishing sixth, Anjum 4th, and more teenagers into the finals. Gosh I don't think any country will have a more difficult shooting nationals than India.(rifle and pistol only) 

That might be a bit of a stretch as I think China has as much depth or even better depth than India if you consider rifle and pistol completely.

15 hours ago, depleter said:

That might be a bit of a stretch as I think China has as much depth or even better depth than India if you consider rifle and pistol completely.

I agree with you as a general statement ....... China Has a series of great shooters across every event ( barring mens skeet ) and possibly the jostling for positions may be higher than any other country generally but in  specifically Womens 10M Rifle ( and Mens 10M pistol to some extent ) ...... the competition to get into the Indian Squad is currently brutal ..... We have in the ranking 1,2 and 3 ........ and also shooters 4 and 5 are not getting intot he squad but Mehuli and Shreya possibly be in top 5 as well given an option 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Shooting is so hard to predict. There are many cases in which shooters who were dominant before OG fail to achieve anything big at the Games. But yes, in Tokyo it will be a battle between India and China. 

Edited by ChandlerMne

If we want to go by nations with the most athletes with MQS by event here are the top three nations.

Men's 10m Air Rifle

:KOR - 17

:RUS - 16

:IND - 14

:USA - 14

Men's 50m Rifle 3 Positions

:USA - 15

:RUS - 14

:KOR - 13

Men's 10m Air Pistol

:KOR - 18

:CHN - 15

:RUS - 13

Men's 25m Rapid Fire Pistol

:CHN - 11

:KOR - 11

:GER - 10

:IND - 10

Men's Trap

:USA - 16

:ITA - 14

:CHN - 12

Men's Skeet

:USA - 16

:CHN - 12

:CYP - 12

Women's 10m Air Rifle

:KOR - 20

:GER - 18

:SGP - 14

Women's 50m Rifle 3 Positions

:USA - 18

:CHN - 14

:GER - 13

Women's 10m Air Pistol

:KOR - 22

:CHN - 15

:IND - 15

Women's 25m Pistol

:CHN - 18

:RUS - 13

Women's Trap

:CHN - 10

:GBR - 10

:RUS - 10

Women's Skeet

:RUS - 11

:USA - 11

:CHN - 10

Also here's the top 10 in terms of total number of MQS spots (note athletes are counted for each MQS they achieve)

:CHN - 155

:USA - 151

:KOR - 147

:RUS - 141

:IND - 129

:GER - 126

:ITA - 111

:CZE - 90

:FRA - 78

:UKR - 78

On 12/09/2019 at 21:09, JoshMartini007 said:

If we want to go by nations with the most athletes with MQS by event here are the top three nations.

I think number of athletes with MQS is good to compare smaller nations. At the top, it means nothing. For example, in the recently concluded Indian trials 347 shooters shot more than 595, MQS for 10m Air Rifle. Even considering that not all of them will be able to replicate this performance in international competition, 300 of them shot more than 605. Out of these 300 capable of getting MQS, only 14 have MQS. I am sure there will be similar situation for all the top nations. 

1 hour ago, Dolby said:

I think number of athletes with MQS is good to compare smaller nations. At the top, it means nothing. For example, in the recently concluded Indian trials 347 shooters shot more than 595, MQS for 10m Air Rifle. Even considering that not all of them will be able to replicate this performance in international competition, 300 of them shot more than 605. Out of these 300 capable of getting MQS, only 14 have MQS. I am sure there will be similar situation for all the top nations. 

Good point MQS is deceptive. .....NRAI has recently started allowing people to self sponsor for MQS ...... earlier it was purely sponsored by the association and barring the top few no one was allowed to go 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Gianlu33 said:

Some news from the world cup finals...

Women's Trap - Start list

:ESP Galvez

:AUS Scanlan

:ITA Rossi

:ITA Iezzi

:USA Carroll

:USA Skinner

Men's Trap - Start list

:CRO Glasnovic

:RUS Alipov

:ITA De Filippis

:ESP Fernandez

:AUS Willett

:GBR Heading

if only there were a couple of Olympic Quota places up for grab as in the regular World Cup stages...:whistle::raspberry: