website statistics

Shooting ISSF World Cup 2019

Totallympics

11 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

At least Rossi started her campaign much better than for Rio games. 

hopefully, she's back to her good old standard...she's back on top of the podium! :champion::cheer:

and now we also have 2 Olympic Spots in women's Trap, first shooting event to be completed for us...

Edited by phelps

18 minutes ago, phelps said:

hopefully, she's back to her good old standard...she's back on top of the podium! :champion::cheer:

and now we also have 2 Olympic Spots in women's Trap, first shooting event to be completed for us...

When i saw her in the final,i knew she will get a quota. :) I liked her even before 2012 but that London final was something else. :love 

Rio was dissapointment but now she is back! :clap:

Yes,2 quotas,finished task for now. But i expect full teams whereever possible (talking about clay shooting).

Pellielo,Fabrizi,Cainero,hope to see all of then in Tokyo.

5 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

When i saw her in the final,i knew she will get a quota. :) I liked her even before 2012 but that London final was something else. :love 

Rio was dissapointment but now she is back! :clap:

Yes,2 quotas,finished task for now. But i expect full teams whereever possible (talking about clay shooting).

Pellielo,Fabrizi,Cainero,hope to see all of then in Tokyo.

hope not to jinx him, but Fabrizi is one of the 7 guys with the clean score after 50 targets...hopefully, he's gonna make it tonight and so the Trap question is over for us (including the double start in the sh***y Mixed Team event)...

for Pellielo this time is gonna be really tough to make the team, but since we don't have real in-or-out trials, you never know...he could well be selected over who actually won the Olympic spot, if only he shows that he's in top shape coming those dog days of July/August 2020...:d

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

hope not to jinx him, but Fabrizi is one of the 7 guys with the clean score after 50 targets...hopefully, he's gonna make it tonight and so the Trap question is over for us (including the double start in the sh***y Mixed Team event)...

for Pellielo this time is gonna be really tough to make the team, but since we don't have real in-or-out trials, you never know...he could well be selected over who actually won the Olympic spot, if only he shows that he's in top shape coming those dog days of July/August 2020...:d

:fingers:

Second day is sometimes tricky one, but his experience should prevail. 

Good point,he and Jessica could be great combination even though i am against mixed events. 

Strange,i was certain that Italy has that trials. With all those great shooters its tough to pick just 2. :mumble:

41 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

:fingers:

Second day is sometimes tricky one, but his experience should prevail. 

Good point,he and Jessica could be great combination even though i am against mixed events. 

Strange,i was certain that Italy has that trials. With all those great shooters its tough to pick just 2. :mumble:

no, they are against our mentality...

normally, we use the world cup results to make an internal ranking, but the last word is always the Technical Director's one...he basically can choose whoever who wants (if you remember, in Rio Jessica Rossi was there after Silvana Stanco earned the spot for Italy...and there were a few arguments about it, but still nobody even tried to change the TD's decision as it's his role to take this difficult and sometimes painful decisions)...

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Looks like missing more than two targets will eliminate you from the final. Maybe even two misses might be too much.

most likely...actually, pretty sure...;)

right now, :AUS James Willett is the only man finishing his qualification round with 125/125 (= equalling the qualification world record)...

with such score, of course his sure to make the final (actually, nobody cam match him today...so, he's also sure to start as the highest rank in the final)...

and he's also the only man still in contention who already secured his quota place for the Olympic Games before this week...

following the Australian, :FRA Sebastien Guerrero is the only other guy who already completed his effort with a helpful score...he hit 124 out of 125 targets and therefore he's also safe among the top 6...

then there are 4 other guys (:CHN Yu Haicheng, :IND Kynan Chenai, :ITA Massimo Fabbrizi and :EGY Ahmed Zaher) with a score of 99/100 after 4 series, who could still tie the Frenchman at 124 and also earn a spot in the final...

so, everything is in their hands...should all of them hit a perfect 25/25 in the last series, the starting field of the final would be set...

should instead 1 or more of those 4 guys miss 1 (or more) targets, everything would get open once again, as we already have the 2 :GBR Britons Matthew John Coward-Holley and Nathan Hales stuck at 123/125 and many more shooters (8, if I'm not wrong) who could also match that score...