website statistics

Shooting ISSF World Cup 2019

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

I wasn't disputing the fairness of the result, merely the reason for the possible confusion about the outcome of the contest (see up thread).

I understand your point, but people should know at least the basic rules before watching...;)

by the way...let's move on and give a look at tonight's Mixed Trap competition...

with quite a few pairs still to complete their qualification round, Turkey (Safiye Sariturk & Tolga Tuncer) and USA 1 (Kayle Browning & Brian Burrows) with a score of 149/150, followed by Italy 1 (Jessica Rossi & Giovanni Pellielo) with a score of 148/150 are already sure of a spot in the final...

the remaining 2 places among the top 5 are still to be determined, but France 1 (Carole Cormenier & Antonin Desert) and Australia 2 (Penny Smith & Mitchell Iles-Crevatin) have a provisional advantage over the other crews...if they don't miss more than 1 shot in their last series, they are sure to make the final...with 2 or more misses, they put in play a few other teams once again...

2019 World Cup, Stage #2 (Acapulco, MEX)

Mixed Team Trap

Gold: :AUS Australia 1 (Laetisha Scanlan & James Willett)

Silver: :USA United States 1 (Kayle Browning & Brian Burrows)

Bronze: :GBR Great Britain 1 (Kirsty Barr & Matthew John Coward-Holley)

today it's a very bad day for Italy, too...

no shooters in the women's skeet final...:(:facepalm::wall::nopompom:

the top 6 from today's qualification round are: :USA Samantha Simonton, :CHN Zhang Heng, :USA Kimberly Rhode, :NZL Chloe Tipple, :CHN Zhang Donglian and the winner of the shoot-off between :POL Agnieszka Sieracka and :GBR Amber Hill...

in terms of the Olympic Quota Places, the :USA USA have already filled their 2 spots, all the remaining girls and Nations (the 2 going at the shoot-off included) instead have yet to earn their place at the Games...

Edited by phelps

22 minutes ago, zob79 said:

Until anti-doping techniques will be updated

Feel like there’s not a lot to gain from doping in shooting. I could be wrong, but I feel right

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela