:EGY EGY,  0 / 1 / 2
:AZE AZE,  0 / 1 / 0
:POL POL,  0 / 1 / 0
:KAZ KAZ,  0 / 0 / 3
:GER GER,  0 / 0 / 2
:BRA BRA,  0 / 0 / 1
:MEX MEX,  0 / 0 / 1
:RUS RUS,  0 / 0 / 1

* = Team Kata events NOT included (because they are open to club teams, they have a low number of participants and they are not involved in any manner in the Olympic Qualification process)...

Edited by phelps

14 minuti fa, phelps ha scritto:

* = Team Kata events NOT included (because they are open to club teams, they have a low number of participants and they are not involved in any manner in the Olympic Qualification process)...

Becouse it's awful and you hate it? :p

1 hour ago, phelps said:

in all the other bouts I've watched I haven't seen any shameful and suspicious misdemeanor, just a few close calls that could easily have gone the other way round...but in those cases you can't call them scandals or robberies for sure...;)

I think the main thing here is "trust" even though I'm no expert in officiating Karate but I know few rules at least and I never fell there is systematic corruption here. there are bad calls here and there. the host nation usually got lucky which happens in every sport (still wrong though but that's tolerable) but I trust the whole officiating system. I can say the same about Judo and nowadays Taekwondo. while in wrestling there are indeed systematic corruption in favor of certain countries. when there is no trust you complain about every single decision (even if some of them aren't that wrong) and boxing is even worse than wrestling

1 ora fa, mrv86 ha scritto:

This is great news, probably our best result in a karate competition in more than a decade :bounce:

well, the girl is a really promising talent...she was Sub-21 World Champion last year (if I remember well what our commentator said...I'm too lazy to check it out right now)...

Edited by phelps

6 hours ago, phelps said:

well, the girl is a really promising talent...she was Sub-21 World Champion last year (if I remember well what our commentator said...I'm too lazy to check it out right now)...

Wow I didn't remember that achievement, but then I must follow her more closely.

7 ore fa, mrv86 ha scritto:

Wow I didn't remember that achievement, but then I must follow her more closely.

I've just checked it out...and actually she won the Bronze Medal, not Gold (still, that's an important result and doesn't change her -really good- perspective...the other Bronze medal at the 2017 U-21 Worlds went to Egypt's Feryal Abdelaziz, another established player in that category, meaning that the starting field for that event was very competitive)...