website statistics

Karate WKF Premier League 2019

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, phelps said:

@MHSN it looks that Zabiollah Poorshab has broken many hearts in Italy...our commentator is saying that many girls lost their minds when they saw him last week in training here in Italy...and the commentator herself has said he's one of her favourites (she said he's a beautiful man, too)...:lol:

:d if I'm not wrong I heard her calling him "Zabih"  which is the name he is known by his friends.

btw he broke my heart now ! what the hell was that. losing in the very last second for such experienced athlete like him ! :wall:

OK only two bronze medals for Iran. Asiabari and Ganjzadeh. I didn't see Alipour's match but Poursheib lost in a very stupid way and Abbasali was like a coward the entire match and lost it by a punch in last 20 seconds.

there won't be a 84kg final. they didn't let Ghararizadeh to fight in the final because of the dangerous hit he received yesterday. (that's funny Aktas could fight for bronze which he lost)

when you watch a bout like the men's -67kg final, the "karate = boxing" comparison is quite clear...:whistle::nopompom:

and then some people are surprised when they're asked if do we really need another thing like this at the Olympic Games? :facepalm::wall:

Edited by phelps

1 silver and 2 bronzes for Egypt , another average performance , but the biggest thing here is our junior athletes who made some really good results and 3 of them played in medal matches today , despite the fact they hadn't participated in any international senior events before , good they'll also participate in Dubai , did anyone watch the women's -61 final ? 2 Wazaris were given to the french player were they deserved or it's just the host must win 

2 minuti fa, thepharoah ha scritto:

1 silver and 2 bronzes for Egypt , another average performance , but the biggest thing here is our junior athletes who made some really good results and 3 of them played in medal matches today , despite the fact they hadn't participated in any international senior events before , good they'll also participate in Dubai , did anyone watch the women's -61 final ? 2 Wazaris were given to the french player were they deserved or it's just the host must win 

the first one was clear...

the second one...well, the hit was there, but the whole action was a bit confused and it could have been evaluated differently...giving the 2 points to the French girl was not a scandal, however...

so far, I have to say the refereeing is pretty decent, compared to the standard of the past...

right now, today I only strongly disagree with 2 matches...the bronze medal bout gifted to Coban in the women's 61kg and the gold medal bout between the Frenchman Dacosta and the Italian Maresca, who was robbed big time of a deserved gold medal...

in all the other bouts I've watched I haven't seen any shameful and suspicious misdemeanor, just a few close calls that could easily have gone the other way round...but in those cases you can't call them scandals or robberies for sure...;)

Abazari also didn't show up in the final :( apparently got injured in his semifinal. that's a bit unfortunate losing two finals both in the same way ! at least Hassannia won our single gold medal here.

1 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze. (all in men's kumite) not great but not bad , this was a very high level competition.

K1PL, Stage #1 (Paris, FRA)

Medallists Recap

women's Individual Kata
Gold: :JPN Kiyou Shimizu
Silver: :ESP Sandra Sanchez Jaime
Bronze: :ITA Viviana Bottaro & :JPN Hikaru Ono

men's Individual Kata
Gold: :JPN Ryo Kiyuna
Silver: :ESP Damian Hugo Quintero Capdevila
Bronze: :JPN Issei Shimbaba & :JPN Kazumasa Moto

women's Individual Kumite, -50kg
Gold: :TUR Serap Ozcelik Arapoglu