website statistics

Karate WKF Premier League 2019

Totallympics

1 ora fa, MHSN ha scritto:

that's Ghararizadeh. that's one word. that's similar to Ganjzadeh. -zadeh is a suffix something like -i or -nia or -ian or -nejad. that's a long name probably his friends call him Gharari. but officially that's Ghararizadeh

and now we are at it, that 60kg finalist is also Hassannia. but that was hard to find his name .there were lots of "n" and "i" :d I probably couldn't do that if I didn't know his name in Persian.

that was good for him, making it into the final. he is quite unknown and again "not part of the national team program" and not helping our Olympic chance. that's just individual achievement for himself. but I wonder if they let him to participate in the final. he got hit very badly in the semifinal. barely could stand on his foot. and I think they are going to disqualify Aktas for bronze medal match.

thanks...:yes

fixed all the names...

women's Individual Kumite, -68kg
Gold Medal Match: :JPN Kayo Someya vs :SUI Elena Quirici
Bronze Medal Match #1: :EGY Feryal Abdelaziz vs :GER Johanna Kneer
Bronze Medal Match #2: :MEX Sachiko Paulina Ramos Akita vs :ESP Cristina Vizcaino Gonzalez

Edited by phelps

We had many players qualified to quarters , but only Giana could have qualified to the big final , we'll have 1 fighting for Gold and 5 fighting for bronze ,2 of them have their 1st or 2nd senior international tournament Reem in women's -50 and Taha Tarek in men's +84 

some good and some bad results in 2nd day. we will 3 finalists in men's kumite but unfortunately none of them are favorite for the Olympic qualification. none of our veterans made it to the final :mad: even Ganjzadeh lost to Arkania in semifinal, Poursheib lost in the first round but later made it to bronze medal match. and Abbasali lost to her old rival Ayumi after beating the World Champion from Greece :(

so, we will have Hassannia (men's 60kg), Ghararizadeh (men's 84kg) and Abazari (men's +84kg) in gold medal match.

and Asiabari (men's 75kg), Poursheib (men's 84kg), Ganjzadeh (men's +84kg), Alipour (women's 61kg) and Abbasali (women's +84kg)

women's Individual Kumite, +68kg
Gold Medal Match: :JPN Ayumi Uekusa vs :FRA Nancy Garcia
Bronze Medal Match #1: :IRI Hamideh Abbasli vs :JPN Ayaka Saito
Bronze Medal Match #2: :JPN Risa Sugimoto vs :EGY Shaaban Okila Menna

men's Individual Kumite, +84kg
Gold Medal Match: :GEO Gogita Arkania vs :IRI Saleh Abazari
Bronze Medal Match #1: :BLR Aliaksei Vodchyts vs :FRA Mehdi Filali
Bronze Medal Match #2: :IRI Sajad Ganjzadeh vs :EGY Tarek Mahmoud Taha

awful day #2 for Italy..not a single athlete made it to tomorrow's finals...

and more in general, the new Kata scoring system in the men's division is definitely going to keep all the non-Japanese men (apart from Quintero Capdevila) out of the final round more often than not...before you could always hope for a reasonably favourable draw, now you always have to cope with at least 4 or 5 of them if you want to make it through to the Sunday's sessions...:pope:

It's really tiring to follow Karate qualifications , especially if u have many players from your country participating , too many matches at very shot time , I'm compassionate on the players that play 6 matches in 40 minutes or something like that 

2 hours ago, phelps said:

no, for instance Andrijana Vasovic actually made the bronze medal bout in the same class...

Strange, i didnt even hear about her. :dunno:

I am still new to karate at olympic level. Actually,last time i saw karate live was...hm...maybe EG or Mediterranean games. Wasnt impressed at all. Matches were boring. At least kumite.