Bronze Medal match #2:  :IRI Iran b. :IRI Iran

women's Team Kata
Gold Medal match: :ITA Italy vs :IRI Iran
Bronze Medal match #1: :AUS Australia b. :RUS Russia
Bronze Medal match #2:  :RUS Russia b. :ALG Algeria

Edited by phelps

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

@MHSN btw what's the meaning of the Zabihoallah ؟

I think you should know that's an Arabic name. someone who is ready to be sacrificed for God ! this came from the story of Ibrahim the prophet and his son.

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I think you should know that's an Arabic name. someone who is ready to be sacrificed for God ! this came from the story of Ibrahim the prophet and his son.

OMG YES , i just didn't read it quite well , in Arabic it's ذبيح الله , thanks 

10 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

OMG YES , i just didn't read it quite well , in Arabic it's ذبيح الله , thanks 

yes that's ذبیح الله . I understand in Arabic they use different letter for ذ or ض and ظ but in Iran, we spell them all the same. same as "ز" so they are all "Z" for us.

The medal day just ended for Iran with winning 7 out of 11 matches. not bad. which means 1 gold, 1 silver and 6 bronze in Kumite events. (I just don't count team Kata medals)

I missed most of the action just came home for the gold medal matches. Askari winning the gold was impressive. he beat both Aghayev and Busa. which is a very great result. he looks good in Olympic ranking at the moment.

winning two medals in the women's side was also interesting. Chalaki had the tournament of her life probably. Alipour also finally won something. if they can qualify for the Olympics (which is impossible through ranking) they will have their chances in  Tokyo.

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

yes that's ذبیح الله . I understand in Arabic they use different letter for ذ or ض and ظ but in Iran, we spell them all the same. same as "ز" so they are all "Z" for us.

Actually the main problem for me while pronouncing the name is that i always forget the H :d