website statistics

Karate WKF Premier League 2019

Totallympics

not a bad day for Italy...2 spots in the Gold Medal matches and 4 in the Bronze Medal contests are a more than respectable result...

but not the best day as possible, as our superstar Luigi Busà lost (badly) too early to the Iranian no.2, who then lost by himself in the semifinal match vs Rafael Aghayev and thus eliminated Busà from the Bronze Medal Repechage round...:facepalm:

and this is getting more than suspicious...there's a good chance that Busà just can't cope with the style of the Iranian guys...in the last few events, he's always losing against them, whoever shows up against him...:mumble:

more in general, we have 3 Kumite (and the women's Kata, but this was quite obvious before the start of the competition) reigning World Champions out of 5 competing today in the big final and quite a good number of "big names"/very few "unknown" players qualified to the medal matches...

that's the "Olympic effect", I guess...:pope:

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

not a bad day for Italy...2 spots in the Gold Medal matches and 4 in the Bronze Medal contests are a more than respectable result...

but not the best day as possible, as our superstar Luigi Busà lost (badly) too early to the Iranian no.2, who then lost by himself in the semifinal match vs Rafael Aghayev and thus eliminated Busà from the Bronze Medal Repechage round...:facepalm:

and this is getting more than suspicious...there's a good chance that Busà just can't cope with the style of the Iranian guys...in the last few events, he's always losing against them, whoever shows up against him...:mumble:

:d and Iranians themselves can't match the dirty style of Aghayev. this is like 10000th times he is beating Iranians. and again not really deserving. I guess they need Busa to take care of Aghayev first :d I could listen to the Iranian coach during the match and he was really pissed off by Aghayev's acting in last minute.  and btw despite being #2 in Iran. Asiabari himself is a 2016 world medalist. and as you probably know the Iranian team was in Italy for few days training with the Italian team.

I think it was a very bad day for Iran. we have a finalist in Majid Hassannia but he is not even in national program. and Asiabari (who is fighting for bronze) has no chance for Olympic qualification. on other hand our Olympic candidates Derafshipour and Askari lost very early ! :facepalm: Derafshipour got disqualified controversially vs a former world champion but Askari the current world champion lost to a random Dutch guy ! I thought he is safe for the Olympic qualification but it seems even for him this is still a long road. and our women's team was bad again. they really need to make a change here. something is wrong ! they are losing to average athletes.

if they would award points for the countries and not the athletes. we should be fine qualifying in all 3 men's kumitee events comfortably because winning medals by different athletes don't help in term of Olympic ranking.

and btw I watch so many sports. and it seems in no other countries coaches speak as much as the Iranians :d even in Judo (which is illegal for coaches to speak during the actions) our coach got rejected so many times for breaking the rule . it's just like addiction for Iranian coaches. and most of the time it's funny listening to them in live streams.

12 hours ago, MHSN said:

but Askari the current world champion lost to a random Dutch guy !

Hello :d 

Which random Dutch guy and how far did he eventually make it? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Never mind, found it. Bryan Lusse, only 20 years old. That's pretty cool to get a victory over a reigning world champion :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 ore fa, MHSN ha scritto:

:d and Iranians themselves can't match the dirty style of Aghayev. this is like 10000th times he is beating Iranians. and again not really deserving. I guess they need Busa to take care of Aghayev first :d I could listen to the Iranian coach during the match and he was really pissed off by Aghayev's acting in last minute.  and btw despite being #2 in Iran. Asiabari himself is a 2016 world medalist. and as you probably know the Iranian team was in Italy for few days training with the Italian team.

I think it was a very bad day for Iran. we have a finalist in Majid Hassannia but he is not even in national program. and Asiabari (who is fighting for bronze) has no chance for Olympic qualification. on other hand our Olympic candidates Derafshipour and Askari lost very early ! :facepalm: Derafshipour got disqualified controversially vs a former world champion but Askari the current world champion lost to a random Dutch guy ! I thought he is safe for the Olympic qualification but it seems even for him this is still a long road. and our women's team was bad again. they really need to make a change here. something is wrong ! they are losing to average athletes.

if they would award points for the countries and not the athletes. we should be fine qualifying in all 3 men's kumitee events comfortably because winning medals by different athletes don't help in term of Olympic ranking.

and btw I watch so many sports. and it seems in no other countries coaches speak as much as the Iranians :d even in Judo (which is illegal for coaches to speak during the actions) our coach got rejected so many times for breaking the rule . it's just like addiction for Iranian coaches. and most of the time it's funny listening to them in live streams.

yeah, the Italian federation has always had good relationship with Iran...

also in Wrestling they recently sent a few of our guys to train in your Country (in Italy Judo, Wrestling and Karate are under the same federation)...

and Giovinazzo was the Iranian Judo NT coach for a while some time ago...

p.s. actually, it could be a good agreement...we can let Aghayev get all the Iranians out and then we take care of him also for your revenge...:p:lol:

just joking, of course...;)

men's Individual Kata
Gold Medal Match: :ESP Damian Hugo Quintero Capdevila vs :JPN Ryo Kiyuna
Bronze Medal Match #1: :JPN Arata Kinjo vs :JPN Issei Shimbaba
Bronze Medal Match #2: :JPN Yuhei Horiba vs :JPN Kazumasa Moto

women's Individual Kumite, -61kg
Gold Medal Match: :EGY Giana Lofty vs :FRA Gwendoline Philippe
Bronze Medal Match #1: :FRA Laura Sivert vs :SRB Andrijana Vasovic
Bronze Medal Match #2: :IRI Rozita Alipour vs :TUR Merve Coban

in the women's Team Kata we have :RUS Russia vs :ITA Polizia di Stato + :SVK Slovakia vs :MAR Morocco in the Bronze Medal matches and :IRI Iran vs :RUS Russia in the Gold Medal match

Edited by phelps

36 minutes ago, phelps said:

men's Individual Kumite, -84kg
Gold Medal Match: :BLR Anton Isakau vs :IRI Mahdi Gharari*
Bronze Medal Match #1: :JPN Rikito Shimada vs TBD
Bronze Medal Match #2: :TUR Ugur Aktas vs TBD

*@MHSN is it right? or is he "Ghararizadeh" as a whole single name? :mumble:

that's Ghararizadeh. that's one word. that's similar to Ganjzadeh. -zadeh is a suffix something like -i or -nia or -ian or -nejad. that's a long name probably his friends call him Gharari. but officially that's Ghararizadeh

and now we are at it, that 60kg finalist is also Hassannia. but that was hard to find his name .there were lots of "n" and "i" :d I probably couldn't do that if I didn't know his name in Persian.

that was good for him, making it into the final. he is quite unknown and again "not part of the national team program" and not helping our Olympic chance. that's just individual achievement for himself. but I wonder if they let him to participate in the final. he got hit very badly in the semifinal. barely could stand on his foot. and I think they are going to disqualify Aktas for bronze medal match.