website statistics

Tennis Australian Open 2019

Gianlu33

9 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Apparently Serena was leading 5-1 in the 3rd set and 40-30 on Serve , but still she lost 7-5 :yikes:she lost 4 match points , WOW i really regret not watching the 3rd set , but i couldn't wake more for sorry :d

Yeah she injured herself on match point and was barely 5% of what she had been up until that point in the 3rd set: unplayable. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Am 23.1.2019 um 21:07 schrieb heywoodu:

Yeah she injured herself on match point and was barely 5% of what she had been up until that point in the 3rd set: unplayable. 

I am not sure whether the umpire's decision on match point had anything to do with the way she played afterwards (although she didn't seem too bothered by it)?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Am 23.1.2019 um 11:10 schrieb thepharoah:

Novak and Nadal were very lucky in this AO , i think no doubt we'll have final of both players in , Women's Semis Pliskova will play Osaka and Kvitova will play Collins , will we have an all Czezh final :d

How exactly were they lucky? I'd say currently noone else (maybe except for a fit Del Potro) is anywhere near them. I don't see Federer or Wawrinka (or even Murray) getting there again, so we have to hope that one of the young guys (Khachanov, Coric, Tsitsipas, Shapovalov, Auger-Aliassime) gets there in the next 2-3 years.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

How exactly were they lucky? I'd say currently noone else (maybe except for a fit Del Potro) is anywhere near them. I don't see Federer or Wawrinka (or even Murray) getting there again, so we have to hope that one of the young guys (Khachanov, Coric, Tsitsipas, Shapovalov, Auger-Aliassime) gets there in the next 2-3 years.

they're the best right now ofc , but none of them played a top 10 player on their way to the final , even Novak played Nishikori after some marathon matches and he was injured and retired from the 2nd set , but yes ofc they're the best with some gap over others right now , maybe Nadal got stronger challenges than Novak , as he got Tsitisipas and Berdych on his way to the final and didn't drop a set against them