website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

22 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Right. Does any channel actually broadcast water polo matches in USA outside of the Olympics? :lol:

Same can be said for any sport, the olympic channel shows world league, world championships, volleyball is not even that, it's on flosports. main channels are almost the big 4 sports(nfl,nba,mlb,nhl), premier league and mls, college football, nascar. But if you want to catch anything outside of those you'll probably find it on the olympic channel

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Same can be said for any sport, the olympic channel shows world league, world championships, volleyball is not even that, it's on flosports. main channels are almost the big 4 sports(nfl,nba,mlb,nhl), premier league and mls, college football, nascar. But if you want to catch anything outside of those you'll probably find it on the olympic channel

In other words nobody gives a damn about water polo. USA doesn't care about volleyball, you don't even have a league outside of the NCAA system. If anyone wants to make money from this he/she must either go on the beach or travel to Europe/Asia to play indoors.

I have three different, perfectly legal and free ways to watch luge (German TV, Eurosport and FIL) here in the Netherlands. Doesn't mean anyone outside of a handful of rare fans gives a crap about it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, Monzanator said:

In other words nobody gives a damn about water polo. USA doesn't care about volleyball, you don't even have a league outside of the NCAA system. If anyone wants to make money from this he/she must either go on the beach or travel to Europe/Asia to play indoors.

If you're talking country wide no one cares about anything beyond the main sports outside of Olympics. But still I wouldnt put water polo in the same sentence as handball.  

19 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

If you're talking country wide no one cares about anything beyond the main sports outside of Olympics. But still I wouldnt put water polo in the same sentence as handball.  

Yeah, I'm well aware handball is completely non-existent in USA. It's probably the most European-centered team sport anyway.

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, I'm well aware handball is completely non-existent in USA. It's probably the most European-centered team sport anyway.

Will be interesting to see if usa can put some sort of competitive teams in 2028.  Or maybe ihf will force them to qualify 

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Men’s Water Polo, Floorball, and Fistball are completely Euro-centric too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Will be interesting to see if usa can put some sort of competitive teams in 2028.  Or maybe ihf will force them to qualify 

I have hope for the women, the men...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Any doping news? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!