website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Correction, it's not blood doping, but he has been suspected of doping anyway. It has been confirmed from the prosecution in Innsbruck.

My source is a Croatian article, which looks to be mostly copied from Austrian media like Kronen Zeitung (among others). :p

https://www.krone.at/1929779

Weird and rather vague story.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

51 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wait, what's the source? So far all I find is Reichelt having been questioned (unconfirmed about what) and the Austrian skiing federation saying they have no information about anything suspect (which is exactly the opposite of how they acted in the XC worlds).

Reichelt will be 39 in five weeks. He might as well retire now. It's a surprise he kept going for so long but he missed 2 WOG due to injury.

31 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Florin Ionut Croitoru :ROU has been DSQ from London 2012 :yikes:the retest is positive

weightlifting

And here we all were, thinking something like this couldn't happen in weightlifting.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Luis Mendonça of Portugal, cyclist.

Is there any database for athletes involved in doping in past ?

I was checking some old news and here it says there were 10 positive cases for the 2017 AIMAG

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1069026/wrestling-biggest-culprit-with-more-than-half-of-doping-test-failures-at-ashgabat-2017

the report says 6 in wresting, 2 in Jujitsu, 1 in Sambo and 1 in Kickboxing.

here I can see 4 wrestlers, Ahmed Salah Al-Jamie (IRQ), Rejepaly Orazalyyev (TKM), Gulnar Hayytvavyeva (TKM) and Dinara Hallyyeva (TKM)

here, 1 athlete in Kickboxing, Muhammet Altybayew (TKM)

and here, 1 in Sambo, Zhamalbek Asylbek Uulu (KGZ)

still 2 more wrestlers (most probably traditional wrestlers) missing and 2 in Jujitsu. I couldn't find them myself ,  a bit harder than usual since they are non-Olympic sports . I checked JJIF website and their sanctioned athletes list is too short and nobody from AIMAG is there. I hope someone can help me here.

Edited by MHSN