website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

17 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

The only thing I expect from the IOC is to make it look like they are neutral athletes. If there's a team named "Olympic Athletes from Russia", then for all intents and purposes it will be Russia, except for the flag (which is not much of a loss) and the anthem. "Olympic Neutral Athletes" is much more of a slap on the face. However, I'm more inclined to believe that there will be the word Russia in the name of the team, so all of this is supposed to be a bad joke about a state-driven doping system, which I absolutely despise. Getting rid of the flag and the anthem is not enough punishment for a program that has lost any semblance of fair play.

Actually, I believe this time they explicitly said that there will be no "Russia" in the name.

#banbestmen

19 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Not banning won't stop it neither.

EDIT: @Olympian1010 - did I just use the double negative wrong way?

Yeah that sentence has no meaning in English. Needed to say “Inaction won’t stop it either”, and even then, not a great statement. Maybe “Neither will doing nothing to punish these actions”?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Obviously it'll be ignored by Russian authorities, because blindly crying "it's all just politics!!" is so much easier, but Mariya Lasitskene has some questions to the authorities who screwed her and other athletes big time, again and again. 

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/12/10/i-am-a-russian-world-champion-and-i-demand-answers-a68545

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

à l’instant, Dunadan a dit :

https://www.lequipe.fr/Lutte-greco-romaine/Actualites/Zelimkhan-khadjiev-controle-positif/1091986

French wrestler Khadjiev apparently tested positive at the WCh, where he had won bronze and the Olympic quota.

The only one to do so...