website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

I think you do not see a slight difference: USA, Kenya, probably some others - they have many athletes on doping, as well as Russia does. However, as far as I see, the Russian mass doping system was in fact backed by the government and the country's forces, not the sport administration itself. At least that's what I understand. I highly doubt that Mr Trump, in all his stupidity he shows everyday, says to the US NFs - you need to dope, we will protect you. While Putin...

2 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

I think you do not see a slight difference: USA, Kenya, probably some others - they have many athletes on doping, as well as Russia does. However, as far as I see, the Russian mass doping system was in fact backed by the government and the country's forces, not the sport administration itself. At least that's what I understand. I highly doubt that Mr Trump, in all his stupidity he shows everyday, says to the US NFs - you need to dope, we will protect you. While Putin...

Right, In fact our doping test system is very good at catching athletes. Generally athletes dope on a one off basis, and our eventually caught. Our national federations do not encourage doping, nor does the government. Many of the drugs used in doping are hard to obtain in the US anyways. Our doping system could be much stronger though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Right, In fact our doping test system is very good at catching athletes. Generally athletes dope on a one off basis, and our eventually caught. Our national federations do not encourage doping, nor does the government. Many of the drugs used in doping are hard to obtain in the US anyways. Our doping system could be much stronger though.

This is a global world, you don't have to buy drugs in the country where you live. C'mon, athletes travel all over the world these days. It ain't the 50s.

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:

And if President Trump were to do that, his political enemies would use it against him.

The list of debates and commentary I’ve seen about today’s decision is quite insane. Here’s a few of my favorite arguements and some other nonsense.

1) We should just have an Olympics for doped athletes :facepalm:

2) Ban Russia completely

3) Russia is innocent/Western conspiracies ?

4) Everyone else dopes so it’s fine

5) Lance Armstrong

6) Ban Russia forever ?

7) OAR v. ANA. v. IOA v. RUS

8) Russians will kill WADA officials ?

9) It’s all the IOCs fault

And many more

This is getting ridiculous. Ban Russia, let clean athletes compete under the UN/Olympic flag, and get on with it. We all saw this coming for past half year. Also, people who don’t know shit about the issue, shouldn’t be giving opinions on it. Also Americans need to calm the fuck down. Russia cheated, we caught, not everyone is dirty, this has nothing to do with the Trump thing, let’s all move on.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Dragon said:

And if President Trump were to do that, his political enemies would use it against him.

Yes, yes we would.

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

The list of debates and commentary I’ve seen about today’s decision is quite insane. Here’s a few of my favorite arguements and some other nonsense.

1) We should just have an Olympics for doped athletes :facepalm:

2) Ban Russia completely

3) Russia is innocent/Western conspiracies ?

4) Everyone else dopes so it’s fine

5) Lance Armstrong

6) Ban Russia forever ?

7) OAR v. ANA. v. IOA v. RUS

8) Russians will kill WADA officials ?

9) It’s all the IOCs fault

And many more

This is getting ridiculous. Ban Russia, let clean athletes compete under the UN/Olympic flag, and get on with it. We all saw this coming for past half year. Also, people who don’t know shit about the issue, shouldn’t be giving opinions on it. Also Americans need to calm the fuck down. Russia cheated, we caught, not everyone is dirty, this has nothing to do with the Trump thing, let’s all move on.

Not in your wildest dreams. When politics enters sport this is the shitshow that happens. And you advocate for political statements during Tokyo Games. Buckle up and get ready for more drama, my friend :cheer:

48 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Not in your wildest dreams. When politics enters sport this is the shitshow that happens. And you advocate for political statements during Tokyo Games. Buckle up and get ready for more drama, my friend :cheer:

I’m all for the drama. This is just pointless drama in my opinion.