website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Because there is no ice hockey in the Summer Olympics.

+1 for your attention, buddy :beer:

Anyway, jokes aside. say what you want but personally I agree with the decision.

the Russians are responsible for it and can blame only themselves. The good thing is that the clean athletes are allowed to compete and it is how it should be.

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

+1 for your attention, buddy :beer:

Anyway, jokes aside. say what you want but personally I agree with the decision.

the Russians are responsible for it and can blame only themselves. The good thing is that the clean athletes are allowed to compete and it is how it should be.

You really think someone like Lasitskene will be allowed to compete in Tokyo? Not in a million years, my friend :lol:

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Exactly my point, Russia is big & powerful and they hosted the Olympics so their punishment should me more severe than countries who aren't as rich and don't host any gobal events.

It's the same crap like calling the alcohol in beer & whiskey different. If you drove under the influence of whiskey then we're taking your license but if drank beer then we won't.

Yeah, it's fairly clear that Kenya can have hundreds of dozens doped atheltes and nobody wouldn't do anything about it because the country is not as powerful as Russia. Only confirms how political this issue really is.

What a load of crap that is indeed.

Again, letting the Kenyan case aside: What would you recommend to do with Russia?

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You really think someone like Lasitskene will be allowed to compete in Tokyo? Not in a million years, my friend :lol:

Why not? Even IAAF let her compete as she is not involved in any proven doping, nor mentioned in Mc Laren's report. Please elaborate your argument.

Just now, Monzanator said:

we´ll see. It´s already clear they will use the OAR thing again, so unlike Rio 2016 this time I think their clean athletes will compete in all sports.

That OAR thing is so stupid.

Russians medalists should grab flags from audience and celebrate properly. I'll put that fabulous Russian anthem on Youtube at that moment, or hopefully someone hacks stadium sound and puts it there.

Anyway, what does this mean for: Bolshunov, Ustiugov and rest of Russian cross-country skiers? For Loginov, Yurlova and other biathletes? Alpine skiiers and ski jumpers? Basically, from winter sports in current world cups...?

8 minutes ago, LowerSaxony said:

Again, letting the Kenyan case aside: What would you recommend to do with Russia?

That's the thing. We can't let the Kenyan thing aside. If Russia is banned from global events then Kenya should follow suit. And yet some people like dcro here claim Kenya should be let off the hook because they don't host global events. What kind of logic is that? Kenya hasn't even been thrown out of the IAAF events even though athletics is like 99% of their sporting presence. I wouldn't be so vocal about it if the same standards were applied for everyone but it's clear they won't. IAAF will look away and let all these Kenyans compete like nothing happened. Hell, they may even award Nairobi hosting the World Championships one day.

6 minutes ago, LowerSaxony said:

Why not? Even IAAF let her compete as she is not involved in any proven doping, nor mentioned in Mc Laren's report. Please elaborate your argument.

Because she was banned from competing in Rio 2016 already. She remains based in Russia so it's natural they will ban her from competing in Tokyo again IMO.

3 minutes ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Russians medalists should grab flags from audience and celebrate properly. I'll put that fabulous Russian anthem on Youtube at that moment, or hopefully someone hacks stadium sound and puts it there.

Anyway, what does this mean for: Bolshunov, Ustiugov and rest of Russian cross-country skiers? For Loginov, Yurlova and other biathletes? Alpine skiiers and ski jumpers? Basically, from winter sports in current world cups...?

Russian presence in ski jumping or alpine skiing is minimal. I'd be shocked if they allow a single biathlete or cross country skier to compete in Beijing. Bolshunov & co. will watch the Games on TV :p

4 minutes ago, Kirkpatrick said:

I think proven dopers Loginov and Starykh will have time for a hobby in February 2022.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, hckosice said:

we´ll see. It´s already clear they will use the OAR thing again, so unlike Rio 2016 this time I think their clean athletes will compete in all sports.

btw in German TV they said that OAR will not be reused, this time the team will be called "Neutral Athletes."