website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2019 Thread

Dragon

RIP Thai weightlifting fan :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, bestmen said:

you just understand how stupid you were ,being fan of them

I was not a fan of the Thai weightlifters (they were just as easy to trust as those Azeri's or Kazakh's....meaning impossible to trust), just of the cool dude (somewhere in his 50's I think?) with his flag hats and drums and everything bringing joy to all major competitions :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I was not a fan of the Thai weightlifters (they were just as easy to trust as those Azeri's or Kazakh's....meaning impossible to trust), just of the cool dude (somewhere in his 50's I think?) with his flag hats and drums and everything bringing joy to all major competitions :p 

Meet him at the 2017 World Championships. Got a picture with him (can’t find it :cry:), nice guy. Cheers on every athlete and comes earlier in the morning and leaves after everyone else. Always lets people take pictures with him too

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I dont think that there is a nation without doping case in weightlifting. Problem is that both athlete and nation continues with active participation at big events,so every penalty is actualy futile. I see Maiya Maneza competing,Ilya Ilin and so on. This is sport in which rule 'once a cheater,always a cheater' aplies best.

Conclusion? Drastic penalties. Even though i consider this sport as one of my favorites i wouldnt have a problem with its exclusion from olympic program. Only then,and even then maybe,they will learn a lesson.

Edited by ChandlerMne

This night, during a Carabinieri's blitz (Italian gendarmerie), arrested 12 people in an anti-doping operation. Maybe, like all Italian night blitzes, it's still in progress and it's impossibile find some informations for now.

UPDATE: The operation starts in Enna, Sicily, but it spreads in all the country. At last 50 people was raided. Some informations will be available from 11am.

Edited by Gianlu33

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

This night, during a Carabinieri's blitz (Italian gendarmerie), arrested 12 people in an anti-doping operation. Maybe, like all Italian night blitzes, it's still in progress and it's impossibile find some informations for now.

UPDATE: The operation starts in Enna, Sicily, but it spreads in all the country. At last 50 people was raided. Some informations will be available from 11am.

yeah, but it's the usual operation against the amateurs abusing of banned substances in the gym for personal reasons...

it has nothing to do with "organized sports activities" :evil: (but who knows?, maybe nado Italia once again would eventually find the way to include some "famous" sportsman -a 5th degree cousin of some of the actually involved people- just for fun and publicity :rofl::facepalm::wall:)...

Just now, phelps said:

yeah, but it's the usual operation against the amateurs abusing of banned substances in the gym for personal reasons...

it has nothing to do with "organized sports activities" :evil: (but who knows?, maybe nado Italia once again would eventually find the way to include some "famous" sportsman -a 5th degree cousin of some of the actually involved people- just for fun and publicity :rofl::facepalm::wall:)...

I haven't idea of what type of operation it was... When NADO is involvement you can expect anything ;)