website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2019

Totallympics

Qatar really humiliated Saudi Arabia. 2-0, they missed a penalty and they scored one more goal which disallowed by the ref for no reason.

but I was mostly watching Lebanon match, they needed one more goal to qualify. they got eliminated only because of have more yellow cards ! Lebanon missed so many great chances. they could win the match 10-1 !!! hats to Lebanon they really tried and even scored their 4th goal in 98th minute !

now we have the bracket

:THA vs :CHN

:IRI vs :OMA

:JOR vs :VIE

:JPN vs :KSA

:KOR vs :BRN

:QAT vs :IRQ

:UAE vs :KGZ

:AUS vs :UZB

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

How many foreign imports with new names in Qatar team? :rolleyes:

most of them moved to Qatar at young age, to me that's fine because most of them are product of Qatar Aspire academy. it's not like they just bought already established players like what they are doing in other sports.

I think Qatar will do fine in 2022 World Cup. not advancing from the group stage but they won't be a punching bag.

this guy Al-Moez Ali already scored 7 goals and almost secured the topscorer award for himself. and I have to admit he is really good. as we know he is Sudanese but raised in Qatar.

10 minutes ago, MHSN said:

most of them moved to Qatar at young age, to me that's fine because most of them are product of Qatar Aspire academy. it's not like they just bought already established players like what they are doing in other sports.

I think Qatar will do fine in 2022 World Cup. not advancing from the group stage but they won't be a punching bag.

this guy Al-Moez Ali already scored 7 goals and almost secured the topscorer award for himself. and I have to admit he is really good. as we know he is Sudanese but raised in Qatar.

Sudan could have been a super power in football , Athletics , basketball , if they used their players playing for other national teams , but for sorry the fact is that if these athletes stayed in Sudan , they wouldn't have achived what they have achived in other countries , Qatar uses a lot of Sudanese athletes in Aspire , but as u said they came to Qatar as very young athletes just as what happens in Europe , even in Athletics many of these athletes were raised in Qatar 

hace 10 minutos, Monzanator said:

And how long did the Sudan civil war last? No wonder anyone with half a brain tried to bail out of there.

I'd expect half of the Qatar team to come from Nigeria which has a large Muslim population. Can't say about other African countries tho.

Nigeria is not so poor that they can't hold to their young talent. Especially not in football since they qualify to almost every world cup and have a more prestigious team than Qatar probably will ever have.

Looks like we should kiss goodbye our chance of winning the title here. :( our psycho coach Queiroz started another crisis yesterday this time attacking the sport minister ! calling him a traitor to the country:facepalm: apparently he just found out the minister advised the football federation to not renew his contract after the world cup (which they didn't listen and kept him for another 6 months for this competition) and since he is a crying baby he couldn't wait and had to react in worst possible way right in middle of the competition. as usual he attacked more people in his interview but I just made it short.

I wonder in what country a foreign coach can bash the sport minister like this . :facepalm: and also what coach creates such crisis in middle of the competition. and in 7 days this is his 2nd time doing this. I usually supported him mostly because his critics were corrupt and stupid , he is a very good coach but this is really crossing all the lines. even if a journalist in some cheap newspaper writes something about him he has to react. he reacts about every single thing. he just can't shout his mouth for 3 weeks and finish the competition :wall:

if we had someone like Spanish football federation they would fire him right now in middle of the competition (as they did to Lopetegui) but our federation president is such a weak person and instead he apologized everybody for what Queiroz said :d

as usual our enemy is ourselves, I'm very worried about this Oman match.  I won't be surprised if they send Iran home ... :( 

what a day for ASEAN football so far. Vietnam kicked out Jordan and now Thailand is leading China 1-0 in half time. Thailand is actually playing better and deserved the lead so far. let's see what Marcello Lippi has in his sleeves for the 2nd half

Vietnam beating Jordan wasn't a "big" surprise IMO. Jordan plays good against better teams but they are not the type to dominate so-called "weaker" teams. and actually Vietnam was the better team in 120 minutes. but I think Vietnam will be easy prey for the winner of KSA/JPN match. Jordan would be harder because of their fighting style.