website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2019

Totallympics

9 hours ago, MHSN said:

I feel sorry for India :(. they probably deserved it more than Thailand , they lost both of their matches for lack of experience. that was a very stupid penalty to give in 90th minute ! :wall:

Yes agree...Its a good experience for all the players, hope they catch on it.

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

what a drama in Syria-Australia match. terrible officiating. so many dubious calls and at least two big mistakes. Syria deserved a penalty on a clear handball which the Mexican ref (the only non AFC ref here) didn't see but few minutes later he called a non-existent penalty for Syria probably to make up for that. Australia's 2nd goal was very dubious. how the hell we don't have goal line technology here ! :facepalm:

Syria could easily draw the match but they went for a win and let Australia scored the last minute winner. maybe they regret it later if Palestine advances with 2pts as one of the best 3rd teams. Palestine can make history if qualifies :p they can qualify to the next round without scoring a single goal. they just need 2 draws in next 4 groups. we have 8 teams with zero points playing each other.

10 minutes ago, MHSN said:

what a drama in Syria-Australia match. terrible officiating. so many dubious calls and at least two big mistakes. Syria deserved a penalty on a clear handball which the Mexican ref (the only non AFC ref here) didn't see but few minutes later he called a non-existent penalty for Syria probably to make up for that. Australia's 2nd goal was very dubious. how the hell we don't have goal line technology here ! :facepalm:

Syria could easily draw the match but they went for a win and let Australia scored the last minute winner. maybe they regret it later if Palestine advances with 2pts as one of the best 3rd teams. Palestine can make history if qualifies :p they can qualify to the next round without scoring a single goal. they just need 2 draws in next 4 groups. we have 8 teams with zero points playing each other.

Officiating through competition was very average , many mistakes and doubious calls have been taken , the worst decision wasn't use to VAR in the group stage

26 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Officiating through competition was very average , many mistakes and doubious calls have been taken , the worst decision wasn't use to VAR in the group stage

I just heard that they are going to use VAR from the quarterfinals and not Round of 16 :facepalm: I can't understand why not from the first round if they have the technology. but at least why not goal line technology ?! which is easier and faster. :wall:

Asian referees are usually very bad. but sometimes even corrupt. apparently AFC sent the Malaysian referee of Japan-Oman match home (even though they didn't announce it officially) I'm almost sure this guy is corrupt. last year had some unbelievable mistakes in one of AFC CL matches (you can google Esteghlal - Al Ain). I can't believe they didn't suspend him back then. not saying he is biased for any team. but probably part of a gambling group or something.

watch this video, the 2nd half of the video, hard to believe they were just  "mistakes" both so-called penalties happened right in front of his eyes. he just wanted Al Ain to score a 2nd goal no matter what ! and AFC used this guy for its most important tournament. :facepalm:

Now Korea, Australia, UAE are in bottom half of the bracket. and there is a good chance we have Japan and KSA in bottom half which means this Iraq match is important to keep us in top half (at least on paper the easier bracket) but then Queiroz surprised us by a very strange starting lineup. :facepalm: Kanaani and M. Hosseini never played together as center back. Cheshmi, Mohammadi and Jahanbakhsh are playing their first minutes in the competition ! Queiroz put all players with a yellow card on the bench.

I just hope for no disaster, even a draw will be enough for Iran. :pope: