website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2019

Totallympics

We probably deserved more than just 1 yellow card in first half. so many reckless tackles .  which is stupid when you are 3-0 up.

really glad for Taremi scoring twice, I was somehow expecting him to be our star in this tournament. and he really needed these goals to gain confidence. he was under huge huge pressure after missing that 96th minute chance vs Portugal and that header vs Spain. I just hope Azmoun can score today as well. he also needs this badly.

feel sorry for Yemen. they played good for 10-15 minutes.  they just collapsed after the first goal.

19 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Mahdi Taremi is the 1st player on my fantasy team to score a goal and it's 2 :cheer:

You put Taremi in your fantasy team ? :d that's surprising because I assume he is unknown for non-Iranian fans. to me he is very talented but also a bit stupid. (more than just a bit actually :d ) personally I was expecting him to be our "star" in this tournament but you never can be sure about him, he is like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

btw he is a trouble maker, Iranian president Rouhani had to call Recep Tayyip Erdogan to solve a problem Taremi caused and I'm not joking. :d

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

You put Taremi in your fantasy team ? :d that's surprising because I assume he is unknown for non-Iranian fans. to me he is very talented but also a bit stupid. (more than just a bit actually :d ) personally I was expecting him to be our "star" in this tournament but you never can be sure about him, he is like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

btw he is a trouble maker, Iranian president Rouhani had to call Recep Tayyip Erdogan to solve a problem Taremi caused and I'm not joking. :d

No i know Taremi from last WC qualification and even before and i know he's the one of the most important players in Iran and in Iranian team the most valuable players are defenders and midfielders under queroz :d But i didn't know about his problems seriuosly 

Interesting match between Iraq and Vietnam. some stupid defensive mistakes plus a very nice free kick at the end to win the match for Iraq.

Vietnam isn't a bad team. but they were weak on air. I expect Iran to take advantage of this as we have tall strikers. I think 3rd place team in this group most probably won't have more than 3 pts. probably not one of the best 3rd placers to qualify for the knockout round.

11 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

No i know Taremi from last WC qualification and even before and i know he's the one of the most important players in Iran and in Iranian team the most valuable players are defenders and midfielders under queroz :d But i didn't know about his problems seriuosly 

interesting since he never played outside of Asia. it seems you know more than what I was expecting about Asian football :p

well he left his club Persepolis to join  a Turkish club Rizespor but before even start of the season he got home sick (or whatever else) and came back to Persepolis. (it was also in middle of Turkey coup against Erdogan, so he was probably afraid of his safety there) of course the Turkish club sued him and FIFA badly punished both him and Persepolis. and since PP is the most popular club here, Rouhani called Erdogan for help and he asked Rizespor to withdraw the case and they did. even that softened things but still FIFA punished Taremi and the club for falsifying evidence and lying to FIFA . Taremi's 4 month ban ended before the World Cup so he could play in Russia. but his club paid the prize for longer. first the news about Taremi's suspension came out one night before 2017 AFC CL semifinal match vs Al-Hilal, they lost that match 4-0 and then FIFA banned them for signing new players for 2 transfer windows and Persepolis had to play 2018 AFC CL final with only 11-12 players available. you can imagine how much Persepolis fans blame him for not winning both 2017 and 2018 continental titles. even though that was mostly club's fault, not him. they told him to lie but he is the one taking the fall.

there is a notorious interview with him right after his suspension (the night before 2017 semifinal) where he says "things happen for a reason, surely that's for a greater good" (that was the best translation I could) and he is still known as Mr "Greater good"

Very intersting game between Oman and Uzbekistan , Uzbeks won 2-1 , but Oman really deserved a tie they lacked a good goalkeeper here after their Ali el Habsi got injured before the start of tournament , even though their only goal came from an offside . Classic Cuper he never changes :d