website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2019

Totallympics

This picture was the story of this match :( Minamino dived for a freekick , the ref called nothing, Rezaeian, Ebrahimi, Hajsafi, Kanaani and Pouraliganji all run into the ref asking for yellow for the Japanese player. but Minamino chased the ball and ...

this is probably the difference between Iran and Japan in football. lack of professionalism.

13971108001023_Test_NewPhotoFree.jpg

27 minutes ago, LDOG said:

To be fair, the Iran players returned in time to the box, it's just the japanese player made a perfect cross. 

they returned to the box but all of them behind the Japanese player. of course the cross was perfect but if they were in positions that was no problem to defend that ball. they probably would not even let Minamino to cross the ball.  in normal situation Japan can't score a header against Iran.

after all mistakes are part of football. but still 5 players doing the same mistake is something I never seen before. and this is probably what we deserve for complaining too much about the refs. that's the stupid culture we have. not just in football.

now it's like a national disaster here. the atmosphere is terrible. but at least this time it wasn't in a dramatic way and that was our first defeat in regular time in AFC Asian Cup after 23 years !

Edited by MHSN

8 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I think Iran missed a big chance here. In 4 years it will be harder in East Asia with another (maybe worse) coach than Queiroz. He's now going to Colombia.

of course, and we knew that. Iran will be always a favorite for the Asian Cup (even in 2011 and 2015 when we had not-so-good teams) but that was our best chance here. we also had lots of fans in the stadiums

yeah Queiroz said goodbye after the match, and I don't think our next coach will be better than him. I doubt our federation can pay a big coach anymore. they will probably hire a local coach or go after a cheap Ex-Yugoslavian coach. but one thing is for sure, we will be coachless for months ! :facepalm:

I think I'm gonna support Qatar in the final. the semifinal was too easy for them. even though the first goal was a dumb GK mistake. but Qatar plays so good , they are hugely improved comparing to World Cup qualifiers.

I still think Japan will be favorite. they just know how to win big games. they change gear when it matters. but it will be stupid to write Qatar off.