website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2019

Totallympics

37 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

i didn't hear anyone in Qatari channels complaining from any discrimination against their team in the tournament , problem of fans AFC was aware of it before the start of the tournament , so it's their fault that they didn't force UAE to host QATARI fans , which wouldn't have been many anyway , they don't fulfill their stadiums or even get close to this , so i don't think it'll be world war III , it's just a game , referees would interfere or not , i'm not sure about this , but maybe with VAR every team would get their rights 

no It's not like someone put gun on Qatari players and of course that's AFC's fault. as you know they had problems traveling to UAE. our team also had some problems (not as big as Qataris) because our last camp was in Qatar before the cup. but they had to travel back to Iran and then going back to UAE ! and I know the number of Qatari fans wasn't big but sometimes even having 10 men cheering for you can be heartwarming. from what I heard nobody can even carry Qatar's flag. except for their players of course. when Qatar scored against Korea I think I only heard some screams from Qatar bench. and as you probably know Qatari journalists had hard time getting visa. even some Qatari AFC officials had problems.

I mean it's like they are completely alone there. just 23 players and coaching stuff. for example I can't say the same about the Iran team :d

Edited by MHSN

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

no It's not like someone put gun on Qatari players and of course that's AFC's fault. as you know they had problems traveling to UAE. out team also had some problems (not as big as Qataris) because our last camp was in Qatar before the cup. but they had to travel back to Iran and then going back to UAE ! and I know the number of Qatari fans wasn't big but sometimes even having 10 men cheering for you can be heartwarming. from what I heard nobody can even carry Qatar's flag. except for their players of course. when Qatar scored against Korea I think I only heard some screams from Qatar bench. and as you probably know Qatari journalists had hard time getting visa. even some Qatari AFC officials had problems.

I mean it's like they are completely alone there. just 23 players and coaching stuff. for example I can't say the same about the Iran team :d

I wouldn't even say 'of course' in countries like that, where it would not even be a little bit surprising if even the players can not pronounce the word 'Qatar' :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

no It's not like someone put gun on Qatari players and of course that's AFC's fault. as you know they had problems traveling to UAE. our team also had some problems (not as big as Qataris) because our last camp was in Qatar before the cup. but they had to travel back to Iran and then going back to UAE ! and I know the number of Qatari fans wasn't big but sometimes even having 10 men cheering for you can be heartwarming. from what I heard nobody can even carry Qatar's flag. except for their players of course. when Qatar scored against Korea I think I only heard some screams from Qatar bench. and as you probably know Qatari journalists had hard time getting visa. even some Qatari AFC officials had problems.

i think there were Some Omani fans cheered for them at least during Iraq match , that's what they said :d ofc their fans have the full right to travel there and that's something annoying And if i was Qatari , i would have been really mad about this , but the Qatari team knew that very well before the start of competition and i guess they were really prepared for this . at least they have a very big cast of BEIN and Al Kaas who're covering the tournament :d  anyway it might have been an advantage they had their fans in 2011 at home and lost in quarters and wasn't even close from their participation here , despite the fact they had many big names back then 

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I wouldn't even say 'of course' in countries like that, where it would not even be a little bit surprising if even the players can not pronounce the word 'Qatar' :p 

they have many players from Arabic origin who i think can pronounce Qatar very well :p

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

they have many players from Arabic origin who i think can pronounce Qatar very well :p

Yeah, the ability to pronounce the word was not the issue I meant :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

well. 43 years + 4 more and probably more . 6th semifinal defeats in a row for Iran. :(

that was super stupid. extremely stupid. never saw such a thing. what the hell they were thinking ! 5 players forgetting the ball talking to the referee !!! :facepalm: A 5 year old knows to play to the whistle

and that one mistake was the end of the match, specially after that cheap penalty. and of course there is a reason Iran never came back after conceding the first goal in 8 years under Queiroz. they just gave up trying after the 2nd goal. only if Azmoun could score that golden chance in first half ... :(

the match was pretty even before that goal and Iran had more dangerous chances but one mistake and everything is gone

Edited by MHSN