website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2019

Totallympics

unbelievable. how the hell they missed that chance in 122nd minute ! :facepalm: UAE was really lucky with that controversial penalty. Kyrgyz players ran out of gas in extra time but they had one 100% chance at the end.

UAE was terrible so far. not just this. but the whole tournament. I don't think they stand a chance against Australia but then Australia was far from convincing.

Qatar and Korea completed the quarterfinal teams. so Vietnam is the only surprise of Round of 16. even though Qatar-Iraq match was very close but I assume Qatar was slightly favorite before the match. Iraq had some chances and few minutes before Qatar's goal there should be a penalty (on Mohannad Ali) for Iraq. Iraq was unlucky today they had 3 injuries today specially Humam Tariq's injury was crucial. looks like they wasted too much energy trying to beat Iran and win the group.

ironically the guy who scored that nice free kick for Qatar, Bassam Hisham is in fact from Iraq ! :facepalm:

South Korea also just survived in extra time against Bahrain. the outcome could be different if it wasn't for Bahrain GK's injury. from what I see Qatar is even a better team than Korea but still Korea is the favorite.

Quarterfinals:

:CHN vs :IRI

:VIE vs :JPN

:KOR vs :QAT

:UAE vs :AUS

Edited by MHSN

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Qatar and Korea completed the quarterfinal teams. so Vietnam is the only surprise of Round of 16. even though Qatar-Iraq match was very close but I assume Qatar was slightly favorite before the match. Iraq had some chances and few minutes before Qatar's goal there should be a penalty (on Mohannad Ali) for Iraq. Iraq was unlucky today they had 3 injuries today specially Humam Tariq's injury was crucial. looks like they wasted too much energy trying to beat Iran and win the group.

ironically the guy who scored that nice free kick for Qatar, Bassam Hisham is in fact from Iraq ! :facepalm:

South Korea also just survived in extra time against Bahrain. the outcome could be different if it wasn't for Bahrain GK's injury. from what I see Qatar is even a better team than Korea but still Korea is the favorite.

Quarterfinals:

:CHN vs :IRI

:VIE vs :JPN

:KOR vs :QAT

:UAE vs :AUS

Bassam isn't only Iraqi , his father played for Iraq NT 

I think VAR ruined the match :wacko: first disallowing Japan's goal and later in second half awarding a soft penalty to Japan probably make up for that one in first half ! :thumbdown:

to me they should only use VAR for obvious mistakes. not for 50-50 calls. I really think in both actions refs had the correct call at first but then changed it to "mistake" after the VAR.

btw another narrow win for Japan. actually that's scary. because they can win even when they play terrible !

now can't wait for IRN-CHN match :bounce::bounce:, first let's hope for no VAR decision :pope:.  and second I hope we win this and finally break the QF curse. we got eliminated 3 times in a row in this round.

:cheer: That was easier than my expectation. 3-0 and missing so many chances.

but Taremi's 2nd yellow card was a big blow. that was a stupid yellow card :facepalm: yeah he sometimes misses chances 1 meter away from empty goal (as he did again today) but he hustles and creates chances for others as well. we will miss him against Japan.

and Japan in semifinal. we were waiting for this for a long time. that's probably our real final. :bounce:

Qatar in semifinal :yikes:  winning 5 matches, beating KSA, Iraq and Korea. not conceding a single goal ! wow what a tournament for them. specially under hostile situation and not a single Qatari fan in the stadium because of the ban !

I think it's fair to say Qatar will be favorite against either Australia or UAE.

Tottenham fans will be happy. they can have Son HM few days earlier  :d