website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2019

Totallympics

what a poor match, I think we just survived, Iraq played better in 2nd half even though they had just one dangerous chance (same for Iran, just one) I know we had a weird startling lineup but that's no excuse.

and Ghoddos deserved a red card in first half. he was lucky , and on other hand there were 3 accidents in Iraq's box. I'm not sure about those two in first half but that handball in 2nd half was a clear penalty but I think we can't complain about the ref. a red card in first half could be disastrous.

no injuries. no suspension , I think Queiroz got what he wanted from this match, he rested some key players. I'm glad we won't see this Iraq team in this tournament . they are tough, they won't be easy for any team.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

what a poor match, I think we just survived, Iraq played better in 2nd half even though they had just one dangerous chance (same for Iran, just one) I know we had a weird startling lineup but that's no excuse.

and Ghoddos deserved a red card in first half. he was lucky , and on other hand there were 3 accidents in Iraq's box. I'm not sure about those two in first half but that handball in 2nd half was a clear penalty but I think we can't complain about the ref. a red card in first half could be disastrous.

no injuries. no suspension , I think Queiroz got what he wanted from this match, he rested some key players. I'm glad we won't see this Iraq team in this tournament . they are tough, they won't be easy for any team.

i saw only the last 10 minutes of the 1st half , as the match was at the same time with our match in handball with Hungary , i agree with u that Ghoddos deserved a red card and was very lucky to get a yellow and i saw an incident in the Iraqi box at the last 5 minutes and i don''t think Iran deserved a penalty at this play , the Iraqi defender blocked the ball with his foot then it accidentally touched his hand , i'd have liked to complete the match , Iran vs. Iraq is always a big derby and the fans were making big atmosphere , no empty seat i think , btw which side has more fans u or Iraq ? i know there're many Iranians living in UAE  

17 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

i saw only the last 10 minutes of the 1st half , as the match was at the same time with our match in handball with Hungary , i agree with u that Ghoddos deserved a red card and was very lucky to get a yellow and i saw an incident in the Iraqi box at the last 5 minutes and i don''t think Iran deserved a penalty at this play , the Iraqi defender blocked the ball with his foot then it accidentally touched his hand , i'd have liked to complete the match , Iran vs. Iraq is always a big derby and the fans were making big atmosphere , no empty seat i think , btw which side has more fans u or Iraq ? i know there're many Iranians living in UAE  

Yeah I know. I also could watch only the last 5 minutes of your handball match :d

no not that one. that was dubious but I was talking that handball in 2nd half.

but I advise you to not watch the whole match :d that was boring . very tense. lots of fouls, lots of protests. but boring from technical point of view. that was the exact opposite of that dramatic 2015 Iran-Iraq match . we played for a draw. and parked the bus for last 15-20 minutes with no shame.

yes I think that was first match in a packed stadium so far. of course that wasn't the biggest stadium in this competition but lots of fans couldn't get a ticked since it was sold out long time ago. we had more fans in stadium today comparing to Iraq. there are lots of Iranians in UAE but almost all of them live in Dubai and it seems most of them are pissed off because of this performance. they wanted a win. and no matter what that was our only match in Dubai. from now on we will play in Abu Dhabi.

now all Iranian media are trying to predict our next round opponent. it will be Palestine or Oman or Turkmenistan or Lebanon or North Korea. out of those teams only Oman is dangerous and it seems we will get Oman if normal results happen tomorrow. it's normal to predict Oman beating Turkmenistan and in this case Lebanon has to beat North Korea by 4 goals to qualify (and face Iran in Round of 16) which is unlikely even though PRK is a very bad team here but still I can't see Lebanon capable of scoring 4 goals.

24 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Yeah I know. I also could watch only the last 5 minutes of your handball match :d

no not that one. that was dubious but I was talking that handball in 2nd half.

but I advise you to not watch the whole match :d that was boring . very tense. lots of fouls, lots of protests. but boring from technical point of view. that was the exact opposite of that dramatic 2015 Iran-Iraq match . we played for a draw. and parked the bus for last 15-20 minutes with no shame.

yes I think that was first match in a packed stadium so far. of course that wasn't the biggest stadium in this competition but lots of fans couldn't get a ticked since it was sold out long time ago. we had more fans in stadium today comparing to Iraq. there are lots of Iranians in UAE but almost all of them live in Dubai and it seems most of them are pissed off because of this performance. they wanted a win. and no matter what that was our only match in Dubai. from now on we will play in Abu Dhabi.

now all Iranian media are trying to predict our next round opponent. it will be Palestine or Oman or Turkmenistan or Lebanon or North Korea. out of those teams only Oman is dangerous and it seems we will get Oman if normal results happen tomorrow. it's normal to predict Oman beating Turkmenistan and in this case Lebanon has to beat North Korea by 4 goals to qualify (and face Iran in Round of 16) which is unlikely even though PRK is a very bad team here but still I can't see Lebanon capable of scoring 4 goals.

i don't like to see matches i know its results , even if Egypt was playing , highlights become very enough for me :d btw i can't watch the whole match , because i'm not subiscribing in BEIN Sport package for Asian Cup , i have to pay 500 Egyptian pounds only to see the tournament , so i just decided to watch it online :d well i guess it wouldn't be that hard for Iranian fans to travel from Dubai to AD , UAE is very small :d i predict Lebanon to defeat North Korea , but not with 4 goals , it's still possible they weren't that bad against Qatar and KSA , so who knows . Palestine chances are almost evapourated , they need a miracle now to qualify , Turkmenistan isn't that bad btw they lost very hardly to Japan and Oman have many problems with scoring , so i guess it'd a good match to watch 

17 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

i don't like to see matches i know its results , even if Egypt was playing , highlights become very enough for me :d btw i can't watch the whole match , because i'm not subiscribing in BEIN Sport package for Asian Cup , i have to pay 500 Egyptian pounds only to see the tournament , so i just decided to watch it online :d well i guess it wouldn't be that hard for Iranian fans to travel from Dubai to AD , UAE is very small :d i predict Lebanon to defeat North Korea , but not with 4 goals , it's still possible they weren't that bad against Qatar and KSA , so who knows . Palestine chances are almost evapourated , they need a miracle now to qualify , Turkmenistan isn't that bad btw they lost very hardly to Japan and Oman have many problems with scoring , so i guess it'd a good match to watch 

It's not like everybody is a die hard football fan to travel for just a match. (specially for a group round match) still we had 3000-5000 fans in stadium in both Abu Dhabi matches. and I'm sure we will have more in knockout rounds.

both Turkmenistan and Oman were in our group in 1st round of World Cup qualifiers and we had one draw (and one win) against any of them. Oman is clearly better and almost beat Iran in Muscat. obviously the only 3rd placed team that I'm afraid of . but Turkmenistan isn't that bad too, they just collapsed against Uzbeks. I hope they qualify ,they are our neighbors after all :d and it will be a fun match for Azmoun as he is Turkmen himself. :p

I was checking some stats, Queiroz is coaching Iran for almost 8 years and today was his 96th match as our coach, in those 96 matches, we were down in 20 of them .we lost 12 and only in 8 matches we managed to get a draw. which means under Queiroz we never won a match after being down at some point during the match ! :yikes: only in one of those matches we took the lead back (Syria in WCQ qualifiers in Tehran) but still they tied the match 2-2 in last minute. so score the first goal against Iran and you are at least guaranteed a draw. that's a dangerous statistic for knockout round. specially for a team like Iran which is very weak on penalty shootouts.

25 minutes ago, MHSN said:

It's not like everybody is a die hard football fan to travel for just a match. (specially for a group round match) still we had 3000-5000 fans in stadium in both Abu Dhabi matches. and I'm sure we will have more in knockout rounds.

both Turkmenistan and Oman were in our group in 1st round of World Cup qualifiers and we had one draw (and one win) against any of them. Oman is clearly better and almost beat Iran in Muscat. obviously the only 3rd placed team that I'm afraid of . but Turkmenistan isn't that bad too, they just collapsed against Uzbeks. I hope they qualify ,they are our neighbors after all :d and it will be a fun match for Azmoun as he is Turkmen himself. :p

I was checking some stats, Queiroz is coaching Iran for almost 8 years and today was his 96th match as our coach, in those 96 matches, we were down in 20 of them .we lost 12 and only in 8 matches we managed to get a draw. which means under Queiroz we never won a match after being down at some point during the match ! :yikes: only in one of those matches we took the lead back (Syria in WCQ qualifiers in Tehran) but still they tied the match 2-2 in last minute. so score the first goal against Iran and you are at least guaranteed a draw. that's a dangerous statistic for knockout round. specially for a team like Iran which is very weak on penalty shootouts.

isn't Oman your neighbors also :d i'm not a fan of Queiroz or any defensive coach other than Simeone :d , but he made the WC with Iran twice in a very convincing way especially the last one , so he's successful till now with the his ideas, well i was putting Iran as best team after group stage , but Korea's performance today and your draw against Iraq made me change my mind a bit , anyway it's too early to judge who's the best team , even Japan and Australia who didn't convince at all , maybe from the next Rd they will show their real face , the tournament overall is stronger than i expected , i thought the 1st round would be boring with 24 teams , but it wasn't maybe only Yemen was a punch bag , but others did very well maybe Philippines was also bad , but who knows if they had Etheridge here what would have they achieved 

14 hours ago, thepharoah said:

isn't Oman your neighbors also :d i'm not a fan of Queiroz or any defensive coach other than Simeone :d , but he made the WC with Iran twice in a very convincing way especially the last one , so he's successful till now with the his ideas, well i was putting Iran as best team after group stage , but Korea's performance today and your draw against Iraq made me change my mind a bit , anyway it's too early to judge who's the best team , even Japan and Australia who didn't convince at all , maybe from the next Rd they will show their real face , the tournament overall is stronger than i expected , i thought the 1st round would be boring with 24 teams , but it wasn't maybe only Yemen was a punch bag , but others did very well maybe Philippines was also bad , but who knows if they had Etheridge here what would have they achieved 

:p technically our neighbors are :TUR:AFG:IRQ:PAK:AZE:TKM:ARM and out of all of them, the only one we never hear about is Turkmenistan. but yeah only a sea separates us from Oman and other Persian gulf countries. they are almost neighbors :d

yeah Korea was really impressive yesterday, I don't know if that was only because of Son or they just didn't push maximum in first two matches. I feel they somehow tried hard to beat China and avoid Iran until the final. they have a very bad record against Iran under Queiroz. 5 matches, 4 of them 1-0 for Iran and the other one 0-0.

I think everybody is waiting for Qatar/KSA match but Japan-UZB match is also very important. if Japan wins I'm quite sure Qatar and KSA will try everything for a win and avoiding Japan but I'm not sure in case of Japan not beating Uzbekistan. Japan also has to beat Uzbekistan to avoid Australia in round of 16.

28 minutes ago, MHSN said:

:p technically our neighbors are :TUR:AFG:IRQ:PAK:AZE:TKM:ARM and out of all of them, the only one we never hear about is Turkmenistan. but yeah only a sea separates us from Oman and other Persian gulf countries. they are almost neighbors :d

yeah Korea was really impressive yesterday, I don't know if that was only because of Son or they just didn't push maximum in first two matches. I feel they somehow tried hard to beat China and avoid Iran until the final. they have a very bad record against Iran under Queiroz. 5 matches, 4 of them 1-0 for Iran and the other one 0-0.

I think everybody is waiting for Qatar/KSA match but Japan-UZB match is also very important. if Japan wins I'm quite sure Qatar and KSA will try everything for a win and avoiding Japan but I'm not sure in case of Japan not beating Uzbekistan. Japan also has to beat Uzbekistan to avoid Australia in round of 16.

i don't know if it's better to face Iraq or Uzbekistan , the 2 teams are really hard choices for any qualified team to R16 and overall the winner of group E is quite the most unluckiest team in the tournament :d btw i trust in Cuper , yes he's 100 % defensive coach , but somehow he's lucky and knows how to win matches , so Uzbekistan can be a danger for any team , so yes let's wait for their match against Japan , it'd be as interesting as the Qatar vs. KSA  

19 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

i don't know if it's better to face Iraq or Uzbekistan , the 2 teams are really hard choices for any qualified team to R16 and overall the winner of group E is quite the most unluckiest team in the tournament :d btw i trust in Cuper , yes he's 100 % defensive coach , but somehow he's lucky and knows how to win matches , so Uzbekistan can be a danger for any team , so yes let's wait for their match against Japan , it'd be as interesting as the Qatar vs. KSA  

well actually Cuper doesn't need a miracle to get a draw from Japan and win the group. Japanese coach benched his whole starting lineup and will play with its B team vs Uzbekistan :yikes: looks like they simply don't care about the next round and are not afraid of Australia at all. :d

Uzbekistan, always choking :facepalm: they can't even beat a Japan B team. I hardly doubt they can beat Australia with such weak mentality.

and damn it, two late goals by Oman sent them to the next round. most probably against Iran. I really hope we don't underestimate this Oman team.

PS: I don't see Lebanon beating PRK by 4 goals to eliminate Vietnam and replace Oman as our next round opponent. but who knows.