website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2019

Totallympics

22 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Jordan is the 1st team to qualify to 2nd Rd after defeating Syria 2-0 , they have also secured the top spot in the group if only Palestine didn't defeat Australia which's very predictable , good news for Palestine they'll play the last match with their 2nd team , so if Palestine could not lose heavily today , they have all their chances to go through next Rd , Syria has sacked their coach immediately after the match , which's means we already have 2 sacked coaches after the 1st day of the 2nd group stage matches :d UAE defeated India 2-0 , i didn't see the match , but i heard that India was the better side and wasted some critical chances to score , they still have their destiny on their hands only if they tie with Bahrain to get at least a spot for best 3rds , UAE road to Semis isn't anymore easy again as they'll have to meet Australia in quarters if both teams made it to this round 

even if Palestine loses heavily to Australia. still 4pts is good enough to qualify. they only have to beat Jordan which is now very possible assuming Jordan won't take that match seriously.

Syria is disappointing so far. they have two great strikers in Somah and Khribin but can't create chances for them. the only way they can qualify is to beat Australia. that's not impossible but they have to bring their very best to do that. in this case Australia can finish 4th in the group.

I think it's very possible to have two teams with 6pts after 2nd round in other remaining groups, C, D, E and F. I mean Korea, China, Iran, Iraq, Qatar, KSA, Japan and Uzbekistan they are all favorite to win their next match. if happens 3rd placed team in these groups will have 1 or 3 pts depending on the last group match.

I was checking the bracket, one thing for sure that Group D runner up will have the toughest possible road to the final. we really have to win the group to avoid that. such  road is possible if we finish 2nd behind Iraq

Round of 16: KSA

Quarterfinal: Korea

Semifinal: Australia

Final: Japan

:d:d

49 minutes ago, MHSN said:

even if Palestine loses heavily to Australia. still 4pts is good enough to qualify. they only have to beat Jordan which is now very possible assuming Jordan won't take that match seriously.

Syria is disappointing so far. they have two great strikers in Somah and Khribin but can't create chances for them. the only way they can qualify is to beat Australia. that's not impossible but they have to bring their very best to do that. in this case Australia can finish 4th in the group.

I think it's very possible to have two teams with 6pts after 2nd round in other remaining groups, C, D, E and F. I mean Korea, China, Iran, Iraq, Qatar, KSA, Japan and Uzbekistan they are all favorite to win their next match. if happens 3rd placed team in these groups will have 1 or 3 pts depending on the last group match.

I was checking the bracket, one thing for sure that Group D runner up will have the toughest possible road to the final. we really have to win the group to avoid that. such  road is possible if we finish 2nd behind Iraq

Round of 16: KSA

Quarterfinal: Korea

Semifinal: Australia

Final: Japan

:d:d

Syria really dissapointed me in this tournament , for sure they're the biggest dissapointment of this Asian Cup and i think their biggest problem is coaching , in WCQ they always created many chances to score even without Somah who just joined them in their last match against Iran . Palestine and Jordan have bery strong historical relations , they're almost one country and many Jordanese even come from Palestenian roots , so i guess they won't mind much to let the game for them ? i'm kidding ofc , but it's still possible . Iraq is always dangerous , as they play with heart , i guess it'll be very intersting match to watch and i guess u'll only need a tie to top the group 

South Korea missed some 110% chances today. I mean some empty goal chances ! and they have to beat China to win the  group. and they have no reason to kill themselves for that. no much difference for them if they finish 1st or 2nd . (even though road is a bit easier for 1st place team) if Korea finishes 2nd in group. I really can't see any reason for Iran to push 100% against Iraq. because there won't be much difference in this case. and I really don't want another quarterfinal vs Korea. we played South Korea in 1996, 2000, 2004, 2007 and 2011 all of them in quarterfinal !! :facepalm: 5 times in last 6 editions we had Iran-Korea in quarterfinal. even though we have a very good record under Queiroz against Korea. still I prefer them on other side of the draw

2-0 win vs Vietnam.

the first half was very good Iran completely dominated the game and should score more than just one and Vietnam just parked the bus but poor 2nd half by Iran  Quieroz looked frustrated with the team. Vietnam had a big chance to tie the game before Azmoun's 2nd goal.

good to see Azmoun in good shape. hope he continues to score against bigger teams.

19 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Qatar is leading 6-0 against North Korea.

image.jpeg

This could be the biggest victory ever for Qatar in the Asian Cup btw , he should be disappointed  actually , they have conceded now 10 goals in only 2 matches :d i underestimated Qatar , i think we'll see a very big match for them against KSA , i recommend people here to watch this game 

13 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

This could be the biggest victory ever for Qatar in the Asian Cup btw , he should be disappointed  actually , they have conceded now 10 goals in only 2 matches :d i underestimated Qatar , i think we'll see a very big match for them against KSA , i recommend people here to watch this game 

That's a very important match for both teams. because the 2nd place team in this group will (probably) get Japan in round of 16 and I assume nobody wants that. of course Japan plays Uzbekistan "before" this so both teams will know that before the match,

North Korea is surely the weakest team of the competition. I don't know what happened to them. they qualified to the World Cup not long ago and now they are the weakest team in 24-team AFC Asian Cup. I just hope nothing bad happens to them (coach and players) when they go back to their country.

PS: Qatar had 6 shots on target and 6 goals :d I could do better than PRK goalkeeper.

Edited by MHSN

Poor Oman the referee is totally destroying them bs penalty given to Japan and an actual penalty not given to Oman. that was a clear penalty and how the hell that referee near the goal is doing ?! :wall:

Oman is a good team. I prefer not facing them in Round of 16.