website statistics

[POLL] Posting results and medal tables

heywoodu

Posting results and medal tables  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should results be posted on Totallympics and if so, in which way? The same for medal tables

• Results: Every single result of every single heat/race of every single event should be posted in the same way as before
    • Results: No results should be posted
    • Results: Only the medalists of events should be posted
    • Results: Medalists should be posted as before, all non-medalists should be posted in a "Spoiler" so they only appear when you click on the spoiler
    • Medals: No medal tables should be posted
    • Medals: Full medal tables should be posted as before, after each and every event
    • Medals: Full medal tables should be posted after every event, but only in a spoiler, so everyone can choose whether or not to see them
    • Medals: One full medal table after the last day of a Championship/Games/etc is good enough

Everything else than the endless wall of results wa had before is okish to me. I still faill to see the point of it, but I'm ok with the results the way hckosice is posting them for instance.

Bottom line, having a very large database of results in the same place can be very valuable, but a forum is a very inefficient tool to achieve it.

Edited by De_Gambassi

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we have the results here is because they have been published somewhere. I still think that direct links have the best "value for money" for us.

I am also a supporter of hiding in spoiler anything that might pollute the threads.

Just now, Malik said:

I voted for 1 without even reading other alternatives:d.What made this forum so special was detailed results so let's not relinquish this privilege.

But if you have them in a spoiler you still have the extremely detailed results, the only difference is that threads will remain readable because there won't be a million names and flags to scroll, wrestle and fight your way through :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

But in that case major events should have 2 threads: one in which only results are posted and nothing else, and one for discussion. Because threads of major events in which huge lists of results are posted become almost unreadable for some people (my browser often nearly exploded with the overload of results and moving flags and everything)

Well to put results in spoilers that means results are no so important for us which is not the case.

But i do agree with you about the flags, tabels and big fonts that sadly the page goes down so i guess it is better to adopt more suitable formats in posting reslts in order to optimize it for smoother page loading.

Just now, Malik said:

Well to put results in spoilers that means results are no so important for us which is not the case.

But i do agree with you about the flags, tabels and big fonts that sadly the page goes down so i guess it is better to adopt more suitable formats in posting reslts in order to optimize it for smoother page loading.

It doesn't mean they are not so important, it only means it would be important to keep everything readable. 

Of course results are important, but without discussion a forum is no forum, so in my opinion the most important is to make space for discussion.

And that would absolutely not mean sacrificing results, it would just mean putting results in spoilers so you still have exactly the same data as you had before, with the difference being it takes up 1 line instead of dozens of lines.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, hukbrazil said:

If we have the results here is because they have been published somewhere. I still think that direct links have the best "value for money" for us.

I am also a supporter of hiding in spoiler anything that might pollute the threads.

Except for Africa :water:

I used to spend so much time looking for results and the overall informations about venues and timning because most events without any official or reliable source!:dunno:

Edited by Malik

My choices were

• Results: Medalists should be posted as before, all non-medalists should be posted in a "Spoiler" so they only appear when you click on the spoiler
  • Medals: Full medal tables should be posted as before, after each and every event

The full and analytical results of all heats/races are the boring aspect not the medal tables. The medal table is one post even after each competition day, isnt too much