website statistics

[POLL] Posting results and medal tables

heywoodu

Posting results and medal tables  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should results be posted on Totallympics and if so, in which way? The same for medal tables

• Results: Every single result of every single heat/race of every single event should be posted in the same way as before
    • Results: No results should be posted
    • Results: Only the medalists of events should be posted
    • Results: Medalists should be posted as before, all non-medalists should be posted in a "Spoiler" so they only appear when you click on the spoiler
    • Medals: No medal tables should be posted
    • Medals: Full medal tables should be posted as before, after each and every event
    • Medals: Full medal tables should be posted after every event, but only in a spoiler, so everyone can choose whether or not to see them
    • Medals: One full medal table after the last day of a Championship/Games/etc is good enough

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for what concerns the results, I chose the "medallists as before + non-medallists in a spoiler" option, but I also like the idea of some external links, when available (and especially for events with hundreds of participants)...

meanwhile, about the medal tables, I voted for the old format, after every event/competition day in full...

I am in favor of having full results/draws but do share 2 concerns: 1) effort to post 2) aesthetics. If we have enough volunteers, I am for full results with spoiler option.

I am not in favor of just posting links to external sites for results. I think having all results helps in attracting new users (I came across the forum while looking for London Boxing qualification draws). Also, there is always a risk of invalid urls if external site undergoes some database changes. 

For medal tables, I think once at the end of day is enough. 

Just put the results in spoiler, who wants to check them will open spoiler, who doesn't want than he will not open the spoiler. It's easy actually, why arguing so much. And I don't get people saying "the old format was better". Even if it is (and it wasn't) it's over guys, this is what you have now.

• 2 years later...