website statistics

Men's Football AFC Asian Cup 2023

Totallympics

For me Japan is a clear favorite here , they have been really dominant in recent friendlies , great WC defeating Germany and Spain and barely losing to Croatia in Penalties , Same Coach from 2018 , big motives as they didn't win it since 2011 , they will be missing a key player like Mitoma whom was added to their final list I believe , so maybe they plan to use him at the very closing stages IDK .

Korea is their biggest competitor here with 4 world class players providing a great season Son , Hwang Hee Chan was absolutely insane with Wolves this season , Kang in Lee with PSG and Kim Min Jae with Napoli last season , he hasn't impressed much with Bayern this season , but still he's definitely one of the best defenders in the world , the only concern with this team is Klinsmann , he has never succeeded in any team after Germany National team , I don't believe in him returning this missing title to Korea since 1960 

Iran is always a favorite , but they were much better in 2015 and 2019 with the same coach and yet they didn't win,  so it would be a surprise if they win here 

Australia is another favorite , they were really good in last WC , they could have even turn tables on Argentina in R16 , but it's not a strong generation and definitely Japan and Korea has better Squad

Saudi Arabia is always a team to follow , they hadn't done any good results since 2007 final and this crazy signings of world class players made a lot of players in Saudi National team prisoners of bench this season and actually some of them want to return back to Europe like Benzema and Firminio , the league hasn't been recognized globally , only Cristiano Fans watchins his matches and Sports' Media covering his news with Benzema maybe and that's it , so I guess this experiment didn't achieve any of its goals , even on technical side many of these old players except Ronaldo didn't provide any extra thing to Saudi Pro League 

Outsiders : last Editions has provided that even in Asia there are outsiders for the title with Iraq winning in 2007 and Qatar winning in 2019 , UAE was so close in 2015 , so yeah surprises happen even in Asia , as long as the tournament on Arabic Soil I predict this outsider to be an Arabic team so it can be Iraq , Qatar didn't prove anything since winning last edition so I doubt