website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

Just now, Sindo said:

163 international sport events are going on today according to our calendar :hyper:

As always, some events may be missingx, especially from non-Olympic sports. Please report them here when you spot them!

I think that we should do a "to-do" list for try to understand what event are missing :p

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

I think that we should do a "to-do" list for try to understand what event are missing :p

We have added all the events from the Olympic sports federation, both summer and winter, other multi-sport games and Paralympic sports events. Of course some of these events may be missing because some federations add new events few days/weeks before the start.

Some Non-Olympic sports are surely missing because we have not finished to add them yet.

Just now, Sindo said:

We have added all the events from the Olympic sports federation, both summer and winter, other multi-sport games and Paralympic sports events. Of course some of these events may be missing because some federations add new events few days/weeks before the start.

Some Non-Olympic sports are surely missing because we have not finished to add them yet.

There was no mention of the men’s fistball world champs. You can find the dates and information in the thread with the link I shared.

I would also recommend adding all World Games affiliated sports (you can find a list with links to websites at worldgames.org (or whatever their website is now)) to the calendar. Plus, we can add some of the bigger Red Bull events like Crashed Ice, Hare Scramble, Romaniacs, etc.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

24 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

There was no mention of the men’s fistball world champs. You can find the dates and information in the thread with the link I shared.

Already added that as well as all the other fistball events of the year ;)

29 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would also recommend adding all World Games affiliated sports (you can find a list with links to websites at worldgames.org (or whatever their website is now)) to the calendar.

Some of them are already in the calendar and some other will be added soon.

30 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Plus, we can add some of the bigger Red Bull events like Crashed Ice, Hare Scramble, Romaniacs, etc.

I have had a look at Red Bull sport page and they organize a huge amount of events, but it looks like most of them are demonstration events and not recognized from the federation.

Just now, Sindo said:

Already added that as well as all the other fistball events of the year ;)

Some of them are already in the calendar and some other will be added soon.

I have had a look at Red Bull sport page and they organize a huge amount of events, but it looks like most of them are demonstration events and not recognized from the federation.

Right I can post of list of the bigger ones. The ones that extreme sports fans like consider a big deal each year. If that helps?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Right I can post of list of the bigger ones. The ones that extreme sports fans like consider a big deal each year. If that helps?

Yeah, a sort of structure would be ideal because I have no idea how that works. Is there a sort of top tier events, like ATP tour for Tennis, just to make an example ?

4 minutes ago, Sindo said:

Yeah, a sort of structure would be ideal because I have no idea how that works. Is there a sort of top tier events, like ATP tour for Tennis, just to make an example ?

No, there’s just some more important and famous one’s, or one’s that are contented to international sports. 

Here’s a list of all the ones that should be added (based off this year’s calendar):

Laax Open (A big Slopestyle event)

Red Bull Crashed Ice (top tier events of the International All-terrain Skating Federation)

Simple Session (a huge BMX and Skateboard event for both park and street disciplines)

Red Bull Playstreets (a super unique Slopestyle event that gets a few big names competing every year)

Burton US Open (and big Slopestyle event)

Crankworx FMBA World Tour(freeride (Slopestyle) mountain bike world tour)

Freeride World Tour (the biggest off-piste Freestyle Skiing and Snowboarding Series in the world)

Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series (the most important High Diving Events in the world)

Red Bull BC One World Tour(biggest breakdancing event in the world)

Wings For Life World Run (arguably the biggest running event in the world)

Hare Scramble/Ezbergrodeo (probably the biggest motocross endurance event in the world)

Red Bull Romaniacs (another big motocross event)

Red Bull Rampage (the coolest cycling event ever created on the entire planet)

That’s about it for now. If there’s any I forgot about, I’ll post them later.