website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

On 28/12/2018 at 15:39, Sindo said:

That's not possible unless we categorize the events by sports instead of bigger categories (I was thinking of Summer Sports/Winter Sports/Multi-Sport Games and Paralympic sports). I thought about categorizing by sports but I think it would get too messy with 44 summer olympic sports and 15 winter olympic sports. That would mean 59 categories and 59 different colours :facepalm:And it's not possible to have subcategories unfortunately.

Are different colors really required? Summer sports can still be red, and Winter blue, even if they are in different categories.

I'm afraid this is just not very readable. And it will only get bigger.

image.png

#banbestmen

3 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

For team events where there are qualifying groups that spread throughout months, can we add the matches in brackets.... for example in rugby, after the event details "Men's Rugby European Conference 2 South 2017-2018" can we write in brackets after the item to specify which match is taking place.... for example:

Men's Rugby European Conference 2 South 2017-2018 (Cyprus v Austria)

Men's Rugby European Conference 2 South 2017-2018 (Slovenia v Slovakia)

I think this might help users find specific items they are interested in.

It can be done, but I'm not sure how many team sports apart from Rugby have so few matches to make it possible to realize that. For example FIFA World cup qualifying matches spreak thoughout months but they would be too many matches to add so we can just write "Week X".

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Are different colors really required? Summer sports can still be red, and Winter blue, even if they are in different categories.

image.png

No they are not really required. I'm fine with just one colour for all the events, which one do you think is the best one (I can put literally any colour).

1 minute ago, Sindo said:

It can be done, but I'm not sure how many team sports apart from Rugby have so few matches to make it possible to realize that. For example FIFA World cup qualifying matches spreak thoughout months but they would be too many matches to add so we can just write "Week X".

No they are not really required. I'm fine with just one colour for all the events, which one do you think is the best one (I can put literally any colour).

Cool, I’ll do it for rugby then :d 

18 hours ago, dcro said:

image.png

Also I was thinking we can use a different colour for the Olympic qualification events ? :mumble:

1 hour ago, Sindo said:

Also I was thinking we can use a different colour for the Olympic qualification events ? :mumble:

I would suggest green or grey

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

All the Athletics and Badminton events of 2019 have been added :toast:

Let's go on with other sports. Whenever you spot an event which is in progress but is missing in our calendar, please add it yourself or report it here if you are not familiar with the templates.

Why are all tennis and badminton tournaments listed as Olympic qualification events? I think only direct qualifiers should be listed as such, otherwise everything will be red (including, yes, literally every equestrian event listed in 2019).

#banbestmen

47 minutes ago, dcro said:

Why are all tennis and badminton tournaments listed as Olympic qualification events? I think only direct qualifiers should be listed as such, otherwise everything will be red (including, yes, literally every equestrian event listed in 2019). 

Mmm not sure what should we do for those events where the ranking counts for the Olympic Qualification. You are right there would be a lot of events listed as Olympic Qualification events, but well theoretically they are :mumble: Any other users' opinions about that ?