website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

Btw, I did add time the events start and end, but saw a bit later that you said to use "all day event". I can see the problem if the forums won't differentiate between time zones, so my 10:30 would be useless for someone in USA for example, but if it does, and shows 04:30 from this example to a member from US, any other reasons not to use time?

12 hours ago, dcro said:

I added one event, which was then deleted without notice. Good going. :)

I'm just gonna assume this is a mistake or some error and not a mod's action thinking "ok I don't need this, so we don't need this, so goodbye" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Firefox

Can you try again now ? It should work.

17 hours ago, Kirkpatrick said:

I think this is absolutely brilliant. Added one event ( 

) , while trying to have the same format as other skiing events, but just not sure how to do the "Discuss this event" box as others have. Link is fine, but no box, and can't *quote* other events to see formatting. ;)

/edit: or, same problem as JoshMartin007. Box is visible during the editing, but when we save it, it doesn't show. Will try in forum post:

Same as above, this problem should now be fixed ;)

17 hours ago, dcro said:

I added one event, which was then deleted without notice. Good going. :) 

It was not deleted, but changed with the following one (link). Reason of that below.

16 hours ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Btw, I did add time the events start and end, but saw a bit later that you said to use "all day event". I can see the problem if the forums won't differentiate between time zones, so my 10:30 would be useless for someone in USA for example, but if it does, and shows 04:30 from this example to a member from US, any other reasons not to use time?

The problem of that is for some events it would be very difficoult to choose one starting time, and even more a finishing time. And with the aim of having a lot of sport events added in the calendar, it would also be time consuming (and sometimes impossible) to search at what time the Day 2 of Taekwondo African Youth Championships start. Also you can not differentiate by day, so let's say in FIFA World Cup Day 1 matches start at 8pm and in Day 2 they stat at 2pm, you can not insert that in any way.

7 hours ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Looks like all three I made last night were deleted as well.

We start with events from January 1st 2019 on (except darts and ice hockey junior world championships which start before but finish in January). That's the reason why some events have not been approved. But just 3 days are left in 2018 so that's not a big deal at all ;)

3 hours ago, AlFHg said:

The ones I added are under moderator review except the first one (Beach Volley in the Hague)

They have all been approved now.

Keep up the good job and keep adding events!

What is the problem of having events that start tomorrow and finish Monday, so all in 2018? I mean, the actual problem, other than "we start in 2019"? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What is the problem of having events that start tomorrow and finish Monday, so all in 2018? I mean, the actual problem, other than "we start in 2019"? :p 

It's not a problem, but surel not even a big deal to have or not to have events in the last 3 days of the year :p

1 minute ago, Sindo said:

It's not a problem, but surel not even a big deal to have or not to have events in the last 3 days of the year :p

Not a big deal, but since there's apparently really zero reason to do so, it's rather rude - to say the least - towards your users to simply delete what they did "because we start in 2019 and it's still the end of December", come on, that's no reason at all :p 

I don't care much about having the events or not, but I'm not a fan of rude stuff towards users :p 

Edited by heywoodu

Anyway, not here to start a fight :d 

For team events where there are qualifying groups that spread throughout months, can we add the matches in brackets.... for example in rugby, after the event details "Men's Rugby European Conference 2 South 2017-2018" can we write in brackets after the item to specify which match is taking place.... for example:

Men's Rugby European Conference 2 South 2017-2018 (Cyprus v Austria)

Men's Rugby European Conference 2 South 2017-2018 (Slovenia v Slovakia)

I think this might help users find specific items they are interested in.

Edited by OlympicIRL