70kg: :KAZ Nurkhoza Kaipanov

74kg: :ITA Frank Chamizo Marquez

79kg: :RUS Khalil Aminov

86kg: :IRI Ahmad Yousef Bazri

92kg: :IRI Alireza Karimi

97kg: :IRI Hamed Talebi

125kg: :RUS Pavel Krivtsov

Edited by phelps

something stupid and funny happened here. the original 61kg gold medalist Mohammad Bagher Yakhkeshi from Iran got disqualified because he attended the medal ceremony without "proper outfit" ! the organizers disqualified him and gifted the gold to Rassul Kaliyev of Kazakhstan :facepalm:

Iran Wrestling federation protested UWW because they never applied such a rule before but well there is always first time for everything and it's always easier to use that on the Iranians :d

• 2 weeks later...

the most annoying thing watching wrestling is hearing coaches (and other team members) constantly shouting "Red Passive" or "Blue Passive"  :facepalm: I wonder if that really has affects on the refs or not. (i highly doubt that) but if that was up to me I would ban that word "Passive" in the stadium :d

On 05/06/2019 at 19:56, MHSN said:

the most annoying thing watching wrestling is hearing coaches (and other team members) constantly shouting "Red Passive" or "Blue Passive"  :facepalm: I wonder if that really has affects on the refs or not. (i highly doubt that) but if that was up to me I would ban that word "Passive" in the stadium :d

Does this happen in Asia also or is it just an European oddity? I heard these shouts every day at European Ch'ships in April

11 hours ago, zob79 said:

Does this happen in Asia also or is it just an European oddity? I heard these shouts every day at European Ch'ships in April

it happens everywhere. just a common thing in wrestling, mostly in Greco-Roman because the criteria for passivity cautions isn't that clear so they think they can make the referee's mind by shouting Red/Blue passive for the entire 6 minutes. it's not like they really believe they deserve a caution or not. they start shouting "passive" after probably 20-30 seconds into the match.

in Asia, they usually use bigger stadiums, so you usually only hear two coaches around the mat shouting that, but from what I see in Europe, most of the time the other team members are right behind the judge and you hear something like 20-30 persons even make a song with that "Red pa-ssive, red pa-ssive, red pa-ssive " damn I would want to punch all of them :d

as you know each wrestler can have two coaches near the mat, one of the sitting right next to the mat and the other one 2-3 meters far from the mat. for Iranian coaches, usually one of them gives technical advice (again, non-stop for the entire 6 minutes) and the other one's responsibility is to just shout red/blue passive ! it's always fun for me to watch those matches in livestream where you can hear the coaches, most of them Iranian coaches say funny things but sometimes that "passive passive" chant make it impossible to hear what they are saying. another reason why I hate it :d

Edited by MHSN

11 hours ago, MHSN said:

in Asia, they usually use bigger stadiums, so you usually only hear two coaches around the mat shouting that, but from what I see in Europe, most of the time the other team members are right behind the judge and you hear something like 20-30 persons even make a song with that "Red pa-ssive, red pa-ssive, red pa-ssive " damn I would want to punch all of them :d

Here we can see a hobby of russian team members: they shouted insults at our girl; that's why she mockingly applauded them after the finish. Even the russian competitor used filthy language; watch at 8:22

Edited by zob79

• 4 weeks later...

in case anybody interested , we had the first day of Russian nationals today, that's their main trials.

here is the finals:

57: Ramiz Gamzatov vs Muslim Sadulaev

65: Nachyn Kuular vs Gadzhimurad Rashidov

74: Magomed Kurbanaliev vs Khetag Tsabolov

86: Vladislav Valiev vs Artur Naifonov

97: Vladislav Baitsaev vs Igor Ovsyannikov

and I have to add all those wrestlers in European Games are not here. in Olympic weights the winner of Russian nationals and those 6 guys will go to another tournament (most probably in Poland) to decide their World team.

Russian nationals winners

57, Ramiz Gamzatov

61, Magomedrasul Idrisov

65, Gadzhimurad Rashidov

70, David Baev

74, Magomed Kurbanaliev

79, Gadzhi Nabiev

86, Artur Naifonov

92, Alikhan Zhabrailov

97, Vladislav Baitsaev

125, Alan Khugaev

winners in non-Olympic weights are most probably selected for the World Championships. in Olympic weights they have to challenge European Games medalists for the spot.