website statistics

Volleyball 2019 Discussion Thread

VolleyRuller96

first rule in volleyball, never count Brazil out,:d they always can come back . from anywhere.

feel really bad for Argentina, they were playing flawless (it wasn't like Brazil was playing bad IMO) I think that red card in the 3rd set was the turning point of the match, they still had 1 point lead and had to receive the next serve.

btw there were several crucial mistakes from the refs. I can't tell which team benefited more. it was for both sides. but it was one of the worst officiating I ever seen in volleyball. they really needed the video challenge system here. most of the calls were random. 1 for yellow team. 1 for blue team :d

I had to shorten my sleep time because of this :d but it worthed it . I love watching matches like this where both teams play like their lives depend on it. and Leal probably never imagined he will win a "South American Championship" medal someday :d

Edited by MHSN

The Asian Volleyball Championship finished today in Tehran. after losing in the first round to Australia. Iran came back strongly to beat them 3-0 in the final. that's Iran's 3rd Asian title after 2011 and 2013. for some stupid reasons Iran didn't send A team to 2015 and 2017 editions.

Final Ranking

1. :IRI Iran

2. :AUS Australia

3. :JPN Japan

4. :KOR South Korea

5. :TPE Chinese Taipei

6. :CHN China

7. :PAK Pakistan

8. :IND India

9. :QAT Qatar

10. :KAZ Kazakhstan

11. :THA Thailand

12. :INA Indonesia

13. :OMA Oman

14. :SRI Sri Lanka

15. :KUW Kuwait

16. :HKG Hong Kong

* top 8 teams (top 9 excluding Japan) are qualified for the Asian Olympic Qualification tournament in China.

On 15/09/2019 at 03:42, LDOG said:

Our volley is the opposite of our basket, they NEVER win an important/historic match. Never. 

Why do I follow this sport? :facepalm:

And the opposite is for Brazil, they win volleyball important matches and titles but no in basketball :d

• 2 weeks later...

Dutch women's coach Jamie Morrison has been kicked out, there might be a chance now.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The "Small Countries Division" European Championship took place the last couple of days in Faroe Islands. It is a bi-annual tournament for countries too small to participate in the Eurovolley, however due to the changes in the format of European Volleyball Championship, only 4 teams participated this year.

Results:

4. October

:ISL Iceland 3-1 :SCO Scotland ( 19-25 / 25-22 / 25-23 / 25-22 )

:FRO Faroe Islands  3-0 :GRL Greenland ( 25-16 / 25-14 / 25-18 )

5. October

:ISL Island 3-0 :GRL Greenland ( 26-24 / 25-21 /  25-20 )

:SCO Scotland 3-1 :FRO Faroe Islands ( 25-22 / 25-20 / 28-30 / 25-22 )

6. October

:SCO Scotland 3-0 :GRL Greenland ( 25-11 / 25-14 / 25-18 )

:FRO Faroe Islands 3-1 :ISL Iceland ( 25-22 / 21-25 / 25-22 / 25-22 )

FINAL STANDINGS:

1) :SCO  Scotland

2) :FRO  Faroe Islands

3) :ISL  Iceland

4) :GRL  Greenland

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk