Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


hckosice

Fencing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

Recommended Posts

:FRA FRANCE

 

Men's Foil

 

Jérémy Cadot

Enzo Lefort

Erwann Le Pechoux.

Edited by Benolympique

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Em 09/05/2016 at 03:01, vinipereira disse:

Brazil's Team:

 

Men's Epee

Nicolas Ferreira

Athos Schwantes

Guilherme Melaragno

 

Men's Foil

Guilherme Toldo

Henrique Marques

Ghislain Perrier

 

Men's Sabre

Renzo Agresta

 

Women's Epee

Nathalie Moullhausen

Emese Takacs

Rayssa Costa

 

Women's Foil

Taís Rochel

Bia Bulcão

 

Women's Sabre

Marta Baeza

 

 

Amanda Simeão will replace Emese Takacs (her naturalization was suspended). (source)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:FRA FRANCE

 

Women's Sabre

Cecilia BERDER

Charlotte LEMBACH

Manon BRUNET

 

Saoussen BOUDIAF (Remplacante)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't heard any updates on NZ being selected to the Olympic team. Did they reject the fencing quota won by Yuan Ping?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MantaRaymarc said:

I haven't heard any updates on NZ being selected to the Olympic team. Did they reject the fencing quota won by Yuan Ping?

 

at the moment it looks she hasn't been selected by the NZ Olympic Committee (I just did a quick research on their website and no athletes are indicated in the Fencing section)...

 

the most recent news I could find about her possible participation to the Games are here:

http://www.fencing.org.nz/news.php?cat=7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@phelps does the European and Pan American Championships next week are the last competitions counting towards World Ranking? Do the brackets for the Olympics will be known after this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

@phelps does the European and Pan American Championships next week are the last competitions counting towards World Ranking? Do the brackets for the Olympics will be known after this?

 

yes, these Continental Champs are the last 2 tournaments before the Olympics...

so, the team events brackets will be known after the end of them, meanwhile the individual brackets will be established only after the athletes selected for the individual competitions by the Nations which have qualified for the team event will be confirmed...

however, we will have the official confirmation of the brackets by FIE only a few days before the start of the Games...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phelps said:

 

yes, these Continental Champs are the last 2 tournaments before the Olympics...

so, the team events brackets will be known after the end of them, meanwhile the individual brackets will be established only after the athletes selected for the individual competitions by the Nations which have qualified for the team event will be confirmed...

however, we will have the official confirmation of the brackets by FIE only a few days before the start of the Games...

Thank you for your answer... I cross my fingers for Mexican fencers to grab some points and avoid a very unfavorable first round match against medal contenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/6/2016 at 03:19, phelps said:

 

at the moment it looks she hasn't been selected by the NZ Olympic Committee (I just did a quick research on their website and no athletes are indicated in the Fencing section)...

 

the most recent news I could find about her possible participation to the Games are here:

http://www.fencing.org.nz/news.php?cat=7

 

According to this article  it seems FIE ruled Yuan Ping could not compete for New Zealand and it got reallocated to Vietnam  Do Thi Anh 

Edited by mrv86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×