website statistics

Fencing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

22 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Heidemann  :GER   :yikes::cry::cry:

Thanks for your compassion! :yes

I am mostly sad, but also a bit happy. She was bad in the last 1 or 2 years, i think her time is over. Now german NOC has to search a new spokesperson for Rio ... :p

This again shows how bad we have become in fencing, there are no excuses, german fencing will lose most of its funding after Rio, so we will have a win-win-situation ... :p

Either we will waste less money for fencing or german fencing will finally start to recover and we will be back to the top again in 2020 or 2024. Overall this has been a shockingly bad year for german fencing, no mens team epee, no mens team foil, no Fiedler, no Heidemann, no medal for Ebert at the cadet/junior world championships, no medal for Stahlberg at the cadet/junior world championships.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

10 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Thanks for your compassion! :yes

I am mostly sad, but also a bit happy. She was bad in the last 1 or 2 years, i think her time is over. Now german NOC has to search a new spokesperson for Rio ... :p

This again shows how bad we have become in fencing, there are no excuses, german fencing will lose most of its funding after Rio, so we will have a win-win-situation ... :p

Either we will waste less money for fencing or german fencing will finally start to recover and we will be back to the top again in 2020 or 2024. Overall this has been a shockingly bad year for german fencing, no mens team epee, no mens team foil, no Fiedler, no Heidemann, no medal for Ebert at the cadet/junior world championships, no medal for Stahlberg at the cadet/junior world championships.

it reminds me of France in the 2012 Olympics, the fiasco for a sport that is king in our country

16 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

it reminds me of France in the 2012 Olympics, the fiasco for a sport that is king in our country

I dont think that you can compare it. France has a lot of great talents and great coaches. You have a great future in fencing and you will win at least 6 medals (2 golds) in Rio. We have a long way ahead of us, the first step would be to spend some money for better coaches and our talents have to get more fights at top level in training. Someone like Ebert would win an olympic medal in 2020 if she would be able to train with the italian team until then, in Germany she doesnt have enough high-class opponents in training.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I dont think that you can compare it. France has a lot of great talents and great coaches. You have a great future in fencing and you will win at least 6 medals (2 golds) in Rio. We have a long way ahead of us, the first step would be to spend some money for better coaches and our talents have to get more fights at top level in training. Someone like Ebert would win an olympic medal in 2020 if she would be able to train with the italian team until then, in Germany she doesnt have enough high-class opponents in training.

the Asian countries also evolved, it plays on qualifications rankings (teams); south korea and china