website statistics

Fencing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

How did you know that Israel rejected the quota place?

Delila Hatuel got the quota, however she didnt make the israeli criteria, she had to make final 32 in the european championships or top 16 in an fie world cup competition.

She didnt, it's a huge deal, social media trying to convince the Israeli Olympic Committee to let her go however they are refusing. This morning i heard interview with the head of the Israeli Olympic Committee Gili Lustig and he reiterated that since she didnt make the Israeli Criteria she will not be allowed to compete in Rio and the quota will be rejected

27 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

How did you know that Israel rejected the quota place?

this is the latest article about it, i cant translate it and put it here since my system is hebrew as well, but if someone can run it through google translate and put it here it will be great

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4823774,00.html

On 6/7/2016 at 02:11, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Who takes over the rejected quota from israel

directly from the FIE official document about qualification:

REALLOCATION OF UNUSED QUALIFICATION PLACES
(...)
- If the fencer qualified through the zone qualifying event, the quota place will be reallocated to the next best ranked fencer in the same weapon, at the same zone qualifying event.

so, the winner is: :UKR Olga A. Leleyko

however:

"The FIE will confirm the team quota places and the names of the fencers who qualified through the FIE Ranking Lists and the zone qualifying events to the NOCs/NFs on 9 May 2016. NOCs must confirm to the FIE by latest midnight (GMT+1) on 6 June 2016, the use of team quota places and the participation of each fencer qualified by name. From 12 June 2016, the FIE will reallocate the quota places which have not been confirmed by the NOCs."

and as of today, July 7th the starting list for the women's individual Foil on the FIE Olympic website still reports Hatuel's name (even if they clearly say that this list is still a provisional one...but, at the same time, we are now already a good month beyond the confirmation date)...

http://rio2016.fie.org/ranks?weapon=F&gender=F&event=I

so, I'm not so sure that at the end ISR NOC decline her quota place...:mumble:

so the situation is that Hatuel went to a court that denied that request, now she is appealing and protesting it, she really wants to go, it's her last shot since she was retired already, and came back in order to try to make the team through the zonal event. Btw she beat Valentina Vezzali in Beijing.....

40 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

so the situation is that Hatuel went to a court that denied that request, now she is appealing and protesting it, she really wants to go, it's her last shot since she was retired already, and came back in order to try to make the team through the zonal event. Btw she beat Valentina Vezzali in Beijing.....

A couple of Australian sailors already went to CAS to appeal against the national standards, but that didn't work out for them since CAS decided against them, so I doubt Hatuel will have any different result (although maybe a national thing thinks otherwise...if they select her, I guess they'd have to select a whole ton of other athletes in other sports as well).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 08.07.2016. at 01:16, mrv86 said:

Another change in the list...

According to this article (in spanish), :DOM Felix de Lara earned a black card in the Pan American Championships last months earning a 2 month suspension; this means :PAN Eileen Grench will take her place in Rio.

What do you have to do to earn a black card?

#banbestmen