Nathalie Moullhausen

Emese Takacs

Rayssa Costa

Women's Foil

Taís Rochel

Bia Bulcão

Women's Sabre

Marta Baeza

Amanda Simeão will replace Emese Takacs (her naturalization was suspended). (source)

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MantaRaymarc said:

I haven't heard any updates on NZ being selected to the Olympic team. Did they reject the fencing quota won by Yuan Ping?

at the moment it looks she hasn't been selected by the NZ Olympic Committee (I just did a quick research on their website and no athletes are indicated in the Fencing section)...

the most recent news I could find about her possible participation to the Games are here:

http://www.fencing.org.nz/news.php?cat=7

59 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

@phelps does the European and Pan American Championships next week are the last competitions counting towards World Ranking? Do the brackets for the Olympics will be known after this?

yes, these Continental Champs are the last 2 tournaments before the Olympics...

so, the team events brackets will be known after the end of them, meanwhile the individual brackets will be established only after the athletes selected for the individual competitions by the Nations which have qualified for the team event will be confirmed...

however, we will have the official confirmation of the brackets by FIE only a few days before the start of the Games...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

yes, these Continental Champs are the last 2 tournaments before the Olympics...

so, the team events brackets will be known after the end of them, meanwhile the individual brackets will be established only after the athletes selected for the individual competitions by the Nations which have qualified for the team event will be confirmed...

however, we will have the official confirmation of the brackets by FIE only a few days before the start of the Games...

Thank you for your answer... I cross my fingers for Mexican fencers to grab some points and avoid a very unfavorable first round match against medal contenders.

On 15/6/2016 at 03:19, phelps said:

at the moment it looks she hasn't been selected by the NZ Olympic Committee (I just did a quick research on their website and no athletes are indicated in the Fencing section)...

the most recent news I could find about her possible participation to the Games are here:

http://www.fencing.org.nz/news.php?cat=7

According to this article  it seems FIE ruled Yuan Ping could not compete for New Zealand and it got reallocated to Vietnam  Do Thi Anh 

Edited by mrv86