website statistics

Swimming 2019 Discussion Thread

George_D

• 3 weeks later...

Rikke Moller Pedersen has decided to end her career.
Rikke Moller Pedersen has had a great career, where she has won 25 medals at the European Championships and World Championships, as well as a bronze at the 2016 Olympic Games with the Danish team. Her biggest achievement, however, is the world record she set at the Barcelona World Cup in 2013 in the time of 2.19.11 on 200 m breaststroke. A world record that Rikke Moller still owns.

- It has been in the back of mind and filled the last couple of years. I will face a lot of challenges during this year, and I really thought I would be ready to take on these, as I usually do, but now I have come to the decision that I have no more to give to my own swimming, says Rikke Moller Pedersen.

What the future will bring, Rikke Moller Pedersen has still not decided, but she will not let go of the swimming yet.

- I put my own swimming on the shelf, but I have a lot of experiences and experiences I would like to pass on to young people who want to swim. I do also have a lot of other projects I want to realise. 

Edited by wumo26

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, juddy96 said:

Rikako Ikee was diagnosed with leukemia, according to her twitter account.

That's really sad news , she is a great talent and it looks like she'll have a grrat future ahead of her in the sport , hopefully she could fight hard and recover 

2 ore fa, juddy96 ha scritto:

Rikako Ikee was diagnosed with leukemia, according to her twitter account.

https://apnews.com/4f20994bb07140fdab3ce6ebee137ece?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP_Sports&utm_source=Twitter

I really hope for her and her family that she "only" has one of those types of leukemia which allow a full recovery and long-term perspectives...:fingers:

Edited by phelps

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow, the Lithuanian winter championships are starting in a 50m pool. It is the first opportunity for our athletes to go for the Olympic qualifying standard, so even athletes from other countries plan to swim here. I'll definitely update if there are interesting times. Some of our top athletes are planning to start: Rapšys, Šidlauskas, Bilis, Teterevkova.

During the 1st day of the Lithuanian Championships there wasn't much that happened.

Danas Rapšys secured a B qualifying time in 400m Freestyle

Andrius Šidlauskas was 0.07s away from a B qualifying time in 200m Breaststroke

Kacper Majchrzak for Poland secured a B qualifying time in 100m Freestyle

Teterevkova, Bilis and Margevičius were fairly close to B qualifying times as well.